Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been Ubering for about three months, now. Besides the drunks, the most aggravating are the rides where three people get in and they want to be dropped off at three different places - all on the same fare. Didn't know I was a city bus driver making minimum wage while wearing out my car...

·
Banned
919 Posts
I don't mind especially on surge. Sure the city driving sucks but would you rather have a min fare with all 3 getting out or stretch it out so you make a decent amount?

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
The numbers do not work for UberX with these multiple stops. It is getting out of hand. We need to be able to add a $5 fee per stop.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've only been Ubering for about three months, now. Besides the drunks, the most aggravating are the rides where three people get in and they want to be dropped off at three different places - all on the same fare. Didn't know I was a city bus driver making minimum wage while wearing out my car...
Ignorance is no excuse. UberX is for people too cheap, or think they're too good, for a cab.

You're participating in "sloppy seconds."

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
"There's too many dead miles and downtime, I'm not making enough money!"

"These people expect me to make 3 stops, using up more of my time and mileage, the nerve!"

Driver logic = no matter what, find something to complain about.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i tell all 3 to get out .. i'm uberxing in NJ , each will have to put in a destination.. your destination says this.. out you go and request the next person destination.. ez as 123.. or GTFO of my car.. no need to burn out your car for cheap skates, it a car service not a bus service..

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Had that happen twice, both during surge. Well worth my time. Three dropoffs with the hassle of only one pickup?! Enter the next address into GPS after each dropoff and it is easy surge money.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Doesn't really bother me. I'm still getting paid. I guess if you're working guarantees and need to meet a min set of trips, it could be pretty annoying. As a rider, it's a nice convenience. To me, you gotta pick your battles and I have bigger fish to fry.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
i tell all 3 to get out .. i'm uberxing in NJ , each will have to put in a destination.. your destination says this.. out you go and request the next person destination.. ez as 123.. or GTFO of my car.. no need to burn out your car for cheap skates, it a car service not a bus service..
Make each one request seperately? And rack up three 1 star ratings in a row when they realize they're each getting charged a base fare? Even taxis and limos don't make riders start the meter over for each stop.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You have to be joking because there is zero logic there. Please explain.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You have to be joking because there is zero logic there. Please explain.
The person requested the ride I'm taking is the 1st stop.. everyone else needs to request the Uber ride service or get out at their friends address. They called a car sevice not a multiple stop pool sevice.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
The person requested the ride I'm taking is the 1st stop.. everyone else needs to request the Uber ride service or get out at their friends address. They called a car sevice not a multiple stop pool sevice.
Really? You'd risk not having the surge rate for the next two legs? You'd intentionally take action to encourage multiple 1* ratings in a row? A lot of riders will probably cancel on you anyway if you're pinged for the next legs, leaving you with dead time and miles.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Really? You'd risk not having the surge rate for the next two legs? You'd intentionally take action to encourage multiple 1* ratings in a row? A lot of riders will probably cancel on you anyway if you're pinged for the next legs, leaving you with dead time and miles.
This is very common, esp[ecially college area.. group of kids waiting and they live on different campus 5 to 6 miles apart.. so yes.. my score is 4.85 not 1*

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
This is very common, esp[ecially college area.. group of kids waiting and they live on different campus 5 to 6 miles apart.. so yes.. my score is 4.85 not 1*
Sorry if I was rude, different markets require drivers to use different techniques. If each leg is under the market minumum then your method makes sense. The minimum here pays under $3 a ride with the possiblility of another driver getting the mext ping. 5 miles puts me well above market minimum and a 15 mile surge ride will have most drivers in my market drooling. I guess I just don't understand the math that makes multiple rides more profitable unless the rides are under the minumum. As far as colleges go I still don't know how to confirm the names of my regulars I get from the local college because they show up as Chinese symbols.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
BS, every car service I've used whether limo or towncar was paid for time, not per stop. Cabs have a "meter start" equivalent to our base fare, which they don't even charge riders getting out at multiple stops. You're gouging, if you pulled that on me I would 1* and report you. Just because you've gotten away with it so far doesn't mean it's right.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
5miles and 1 stop vs 5miles and 3 stops.

Hmmm.... Yup, this thread is dumb!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts