Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,390 Posts
Never seen this before in more than five years. Any of you in other markets have this?
No. But I got an unverified Uber switcheroo yesterday. Rider declared that initially she was getting picked up by a brown car 23 minutes away. Next time she looked it was a white car 8 mins away.

UBER. Never saw that one before.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. But I got an unverified Uber switcheroo yesterday. Rider declared that initially she was getting picked up by a brown car 23 minutes away. Next time she looked it was a white car 8 mins away.

I had a passenger today complain about the pick up time switcheroo. It went from 14 minutes to 5 minutes and of course he wasn’t quite ready to go. I figured it was just another driver that canceled on him.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Never seen this before in more than five years. Any of you in other markets have this?

View attachment 656777
Not yet.

I think Uber is about to find out how we all feel about stops when these pax are left to fend fo themselves.

Unless it is dead slow, I’ll decline or cancel every multi-stop.

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts

I think the switcheroo’s are different on the two platforms. Lyft changes you pickup while you are on the way.
In the Uber example here, Uber is just reassigning a driver after the first one cancels. If the pax had to reorder a ride after each driver cancel, pax would be dropping Uber in droves.

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
203 Posts
Never seen it it Vegas.

Curious if “multiple stops” means stop plus final destination (drop), or at least 2 stops on the way to final destination drop (like pickup, then bank, then 7-11, then home).
It's 2+ stops. I see them frequently. Usually one is a liquor store. LOL

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
203 Posts
I think the switcheroo’s are different on the two platforms. Lyft changes you pickup while you are on the way.
In the Uber example here, Uber is just reassigning a driver after the first one cancels. If the pax had to reorder a ride after each driver cancel, pax would be dropping Uber in droves.
Or when one becomes available, not necessarily another cancels. I had a guy at the airport yesterday who requested and it said 11 minutes, but I was dropping off a passenger at the next terminal so as soon I marked the trip complete his wait time changed to one minute and they had me just go around the circle to pick him up 20 feet behind where I was already sitting.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Wow an almost 19-mile pick-up! A supply chain issue! I am more interested in how much this person pays for the ride.

Is this an attempt of Uber to atone for their sins by at least doing something honest this time, that is showing multiple stops? I never see this warning until it is too late (after a trip begins).

·
Banned
160 Posts

View attachment 656777
I would have given it a thought if it was a 2.0X instead of a $2.00, and had a 45 on it. Some guy from the hills of Santa Cruz or San Jose wants to go to the airport. On a dead slow night, I would have considered it even without surge. But only if it had 45 on it and I was on DF.
Back in the good old days, I would have even started the ride before reaching the pickup point. I did a few of those and got away with it. I remember I was in Marina District San Francisco, and got a ping in the early morning from Mill Valley. I called the rider and he agreed, and then I started the ride. Damn I was a reckless kid in those days

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow an almost 19-mile pick-up! A supply chain issue! I am more interested in how much this person pays for the ride.

Is this an attempt of Uber to atone for their sins by at least doing something honest this time, that is showing multiple stops? I never see this warning until it is too late (after a trip begins).
I have only seen it that one time. May have been a test that they shut off.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Not yet.

I think Uber is about to find out how we all feel about stops when these pax are left to fend fo themselves.

Unless it is dead slow, I’ll decline or cancel every multi-stop.
The riders who do this frequently already know. That’s why they sneak them in after you pick them up by adding a stop or after you accept. I prefer when they do the second because then I can cancel.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
This was a $4.76 fare on the end of a ctb. Got 4 ctbs in a 1 hour offer, ending close to home. She was going to the animal hospital to pick up a puggy. SNIPP SNIPP, poor guy.

She asked to add a stop, i said sure. Knowing full well im going home after and it wasn't an inconvenience to wait.

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Circle

Sometimes in tje right situations multi stops works out.

Mind you i had the DF on and took 2 times removing 2 unwanted trips to BFE to get that final ctb without breaking the ctb.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts