Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

After so many many rides i realized now that many riders take extra advantage during a ride and they stop during the trip for one reason or other. Some riders during ride stop at convenience store to get something some for coffee etc. I have had many incident that a rider stops at multiple places and and take the ride sharing for granted. One time a rider after kept me waiting for quite long came out of store and found some friend and he kept on talking with him for many many minutes and wasted time.

In view of the above, i have suggested a proposal to UBER as follow:

" A new feature of "Stop Over"(during ongoing ride) shall be added in rider's app, and rider is suppose to click this feature in order to get approval from driver and record time. A waiting charge shall be added (if driver accepts "Stop Over") @ the rate of at least $0.50/min with a minimum charge of $1.5/Stop Over)"

Riders shall understand that this Ride Sharing thing is just for taking a ride from one place to other, they are not suppose to use it as if they have rented the vehicle for their multiple works.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
With all due respect, you are delirious if you think that this will ever implemented by Uber. Or even heard by Uber, for that matter.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi,

After so many many rides i realized now that many riders take extra advantage during a ride and they stop during the trip for one reason or other. Some riders during ride stop at convenience store to get something some for coffee etc. I have had many incident that a rider stops at multiple places and and take the ride sharing for granted. One time a rider after kept me waiting for quite long came out of store and found some friend and he kept on talking with him for many many minutes and wasted time.

In view of the above, i have suggested a proposal to UBER as follow:

" A new feature of "Stop Over"(during ongoing ride) shall be added in rider's app, and rider is suppose to click this feature in order to get approval from driver and record time. A waiting charge shall be added (if driver accepts "Stop Over") @ the rate of at least $0.50/min with a minimum charge of $1.5/Stop Over)"

Riders shall understand that this Ride Sharing thing is just for taking a ride from one place to other, they are not suppose to use it as if they have rented the vehicle for their multiple works.
It's very good idea. I wish uber could. But, why don't you proposal this to Uber ? Try it,please.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
It's very good idea. I wish uber could. But, why don't you proposal this to Uber ? Try it,please.
Because no one in Uber is interested to listen to it, let alone implement it.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I guarantee you won't get any response from them other than canned one "Thank you for your input, take care".

·
Registered
477 Posts
I guarantee you won't get any response from them other than canned one "Thank you for your input, take care".
You give then a lot of credit. I expect the first response will be something totally unrelated, like "Do you know someone who might like driving with Uber? Refer them with your personal invite code and you'll receive $250 when they complete 10 trips, and they'll receive $50 ." Lol!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Boy after reading this thread I feel pretty stupid. I thought if you made stops for your rider such as store, drive thru fast food that it increased the fare because isn't the fare a combination of time + mileage?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I thought if you made stops for your rider such as store, drive thru fast food that it increased the fare because isn't the fare a combination of time + mileage?
Yes, it is. For UberX it's 18 cents per minute. So if you wait an hour, you'll get ten bucks before Uber's cut, meaning if you are a new driver, you'll get 7.5 bucks after Uber's cut. Dunno about you, but my working hour costs at least five times more than that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For all concerns following is the reply i got from Uber:

" Hi Ovais,

Thanks for this wonderful suggestion.

Uber highly values the feedback of its partners and we take what you're saying very seriously. As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives.

We appreciate your thoughtfulness and taking the time to write to us. We will evaluate your suggestion internally."

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I request you all to send this suggestion or something similar to Uber, may be multiple emails will matter.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Yes, it is. For UberX it's 18 cents per minute. So if you wait an hour, you'll get ten bucks before Uber's cut, meaning if you are a new driver, you'll get 7.5 bucks after Uber's cut. Dunno about you, but my working hour costs at least five times more than that.
In many markets it's way less. 11 cents per minute where I am. That's $6.60 per hour, BEFORE Uber's 20 or 28% cut, and BEFORE expenses.

I'm not sitting in a drive thru for $3 per hour. If you're not moving, unless it's at least a 3x surge here its not even close to worth it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts