Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a pick up at the Lupin Loge in Los Gatos today its off Idlewyld Drive up in the mountains. Big mistake its on a single lane dirt road that can only fit a single car at a time. Quite dangerous anyway the slob I picked up makes me go to a kinkos in LG then asks me to wait because he needs to make 3 other stops then go back. Anyway its like 96 in LG he makes me wait over 15 minutes then gets back and makes a comment about I should be happy Im being paid. I took him to his next stop then ended the ride and told him See Ya got me a 1 star i dont care. How do you other drivers deal with multiple request on a single trip? I think uber should credit us for multiple trips on these occasions if not I'll just end the trip and split and take and give the 1.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I tell the passenger that Uber has already paired me with another pick-up and they'll have to request another car. sometimes this is true, sometimes it isn't, but they don't know the difference and it prevents an argument.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I did a pick up at the Lupin Loge in Los Gatos today its off Idlewyld Drive up in the mountains. Big mistake its on a single lane dirt road that can only fit a single car at a time. Quite dangerous anyway the slob I picked up makes me go to a kinkos in LG then asks me to wait because he needs to make 3 other stops then go back. Anyway its like 96 in LG he makes me wait over 15 minutes then gets back and makes a comment about I should be happy Im being paid. I took him to his next stop then ended the ride and told him See Ya got me a 1 star i dont care. How do you other drivers deal with multiple request on a single trip? I think uber should credit us for multiple trips on these occasions if not I'll just end the trip and split and take and give the 1.
Hi Steve, that's an awful experience. Sorry you had to deal with it but am glad you pulled the rip cord at the second stop. I think Soupergloo's idea is a solid one and would use that. I had one person say last year 'we're getting takepout and then coming right back here.' It ended up being a 15 minute wait to get the food and then the pax complained about my 1 mile route back to the apartment and I said 'never again.' I really would rather have the 1 star than the aggravation.

·
Registered
386 Posts
3 stops in one trip for one person? Zammmmm. I would say it depends if I like the person or not too but if the wait time is more than 5 minutes, that's pushing it. I am nobody's chauffeur.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I tell the passenger that Uber has already paired me with another pick-up and they'll have to request another car. sometimes this is true, sometimes it isn't, but they don't know the difference and it prevents an argument.
If they are experienced rides....they know when you on a regular x ride and it pairs you up before you end the trip...if you change location to the next location it will un pair you from your next passanger

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
If someone would tell me i should be happy that im getting paid my 10 cents a minute....that shit is over that second

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Does it count as cancellation? Or incomplete?
If it doesn't and you are on a guarantee I would go with the assumption Uber counts it as a cancellation to ovoid the nightmare of not getting paid lol

It counts as nothing. It just un pairs you from a next passenger.
You can do it your self if you are getting done with one and another pind comes in but you dont want to drive more. Just manually change his drop off to something else and you will get un paired.
I'm too lazy to do it ! I always have them do it plus it's safer that way & I have had them tell me the wrong address a few times when I was a noob afraid of telling them to blood do it , A few days ago I drove a lady from the Hilton to like 4 book stores and I had her change the address before we got to a drop off each time.

The funny ones are the people who get in the car then immediately carry on their cool convo after saying they have multiple stops lol I keep quiet and if another ping pops up they get kicked out

·
Registered
386 Posts
It counts as nothing. It just un pairs you from a next passenger.
You can do it your self if you are getting done with one and another pind comes in but you dont want to drive more. Just manually change his drop off to something else and you will get un paired.
I was aware I could do it myself, but wasn't aware what the consequences were. I'll do that from now on if not on a guarantee lol. If I get a ping when close to drop off, I will change the address when they get out, ping gets canceled, and change it back to original drop off address. None the wiser lol

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If they are experienced rides....they know when you on a regular x ride and it pairs you up before you end the trip...if you change location to the next location it will un pair you from your next passanger
I'm sure all passengers like to think they're "experienced" .. I do this all the time and they haven't figured it out yet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts