Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering renting either a Sonata Hybrid for $399 Per Week, or an Elantra for $300-$350 per week.

The Sonata Hybrid is listed as "up to" 40mpg City, and 44MPG highway.
The Elantra is 32/40

Considering I'm going to be driving 50-60 hrs per week, I'm wondering which would be the better play.
I saw someone post that they're paying $450/wk for a 15 Camry Hybrid XLE, which would have a sealed cabin, and leather seats.

I think VIA only accepts cars with leather seats.

Will the size of my car matter when driving Uber? The difference between an Elantra and Sonata, is like Carolla vs Camry.

Uber is currently running a new driver special, where they'll credit you $415 on your rental if you allow their approved dealers to debit your account directly.

Will Uber credit me the difference on a cheaper car? Will the smaller car get me less tips or more cancellations?

·
Registered
1 Posts
RENTED 2016 sonata regular at Hertz 100% uber rides= 22mpg/ 2017 sonata from hyrecar rental=23mpg. air conditioner on all the time
driving car doing Uber will drastically change EPA mpg. I heard older prius at 30mpg. ubering will exacerbate wear and tear due to engine and components being red hot 8 hours straight 5 days a week. 60,000 miles one year ubering is not the same as 60,000 miles personal use. ubering

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
What market are you in? $450 a week? That's insane
I had an elantra rental for a few weeks insurance reimbursed me for it and it was $170 a week unlimited miles via Lyfts hertz.
2016 elantra was the worst car I've ever driven in my life. My back and ass would hurt after 2 hours and it drove like crap was slow and don't get that good of gas mileage. Plus we're the back seat was spacious for a small car

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
What market are you in? $450 a week? That's insane
I had an elantra rental for a few weeks insurance reimbursed me for it and it was $170 a week unlimited miles via Lyfts hertz.
2016 elantra was the worst car I've ever driven in my life. My back and ass would hurt after 2 hours and it drove like crap was slow and don't get that good of gas mileage. Plus we're the back seat was spacious for a small car
NYC and it probably includes eveything needed for the TLC licensing and permits.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
NYC and it probably includes eveything needed for the TLC licensing and permits.
I'd pay that in NYC if i could charge NYC uber rates..

Just sayin...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts