Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm moving to VA in November cause my job wants me to relocate somewhere between DC and Richmond. I have been driving for uber and Lyft in Charlotte, NC for about a year and a half. I still wanna drive wherever I move in VA and only 20-24 hours a week.
I wanna know if uber and Lyft is busier in Richmond or DC area? So that I can move closer to that city.
Thanks and waiting for some good advice..

·
Premium Member
386 Posts

Much, much, much busier in NoVa than in the Richmond area. Also, Uber partners in Richmond can pick up riders anywhere in VA + the District of Columbia and a small sliver of Maryland.

You can, of course, drop someone off anywhere.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Rates are still better in Richmond though. I've worked both markets and unless it a crazy surge day, i.e., memorial day, I barely make a profit in nova

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much, much, much busier in NoVa than in the Richmond area. Also, Uber partners in Richmond can pick up riders anywhere in VA + the District of Columbia and a small sliver of Maryland.

You can, of course, drop someone off anywhere.
Thanks Dutchman!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
There is no Lyft in Blacksburg where I normally am. It's supposedly coming to Richmond but not there yet. It's been in DC for a while and what I take while there. Speaking to drivers up there, I'm told that drivers are abandoning Uber in droves and switching to Lyft because they actually pay the drivers something reasonable. I'd definitely look into it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ginseng41. Yeah with my Lyft rides though I usually get $1-$2 tips, inbetween I do get some really good tips like $20, $15, $10, $8, $5.., even with uber some people pay cash tips..
Uber really needs to add tip option with these super low rates..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts