Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about taking the plunge to drive for Uber but I have a question.

Say I create my account and set my city as VA Beach; does that restrict me to only pick ups and drop offs within VA Beach?

For example my city is VA Beach but I feel like hanging around the Navy Exchange over in Norfolk to catch some fares out there or down town Norfolk then heading back to VA Beach hot spots and wait to be pinged.

Is that possible?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Concerning the Hampton Roads area it's wide open for pick-ups and drop offs.

I usually spend my time up in Hampton/Newport News but last night did 5 trips in VA Beach & Norfolk. One ping after another! There are stipulations. No sitting curbside at the airports and careful at the beachfront if don't your TNC tags yet. I heard VA beach PD is pulling drivers over for that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There's good pickups pots all over the cities, nearly all day long. You'll discover them as you go along. The obvious spots now are the oceanfront, chix beach, and Norfolk(steady rider pool/shorter pickups).

You can drive anywhere in Virginia, south of Fredericksburg. I've had rides in Richmond and Charlottesville and they basically paid for my bi monthly trip up to Harrisonburg, which I believe just had Uber launch there. I once had a trip from Richmond to Williamsburg, which I earned $60 after Uber's cut, and it was on my way home.

Good luck out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im pretty much new to Uber and do the same thing between Hampton and Newport News and York County. Even though I work in Norfolk have never did Uber on the South side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts