Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things I really love about this gig is some of the amazing and interesting people you get in the car. It's such a wonderful cross section of the population and people you would never meet otherwise.

For example in my 700 odd rides I've had:
- a film cameraman who is currently working on the new Aliens movie with Ridley Scott and reckons Michael Fassbender is a top bloke.
- the ex CEO of the country's biggest media company
- the boss of a company well known for hiring stuff out
- a guy who sings with the Ten Tenors (tbf there are much more than ten of em)
- a drug addicted nurse telling me about her issues getting clean
- a young woman with Borderline Personality Disorder using me as a cheap therapist (lovely lovely girl, but mad as a cut snake)
- fashion photographers heading to AFTRS
- a model heading to Australian Fashion Week
- a Film scriptwriter who splits his time between Sydney and LA

and then just yesterday:
- one of the leads in Heathers the musical, and
- one of the victorious England Rugby side (heading to his gf's place on the central coast - yeah boi!)

Even the 'ordinary' people are endlessly fascinating and great for a chat. What other cool peeps have you had in the car?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Had that fat kid from Hey Dad. Always wondered what happened to him.....

Reactions: adub

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I vaguely remember a pax saying they are working on the new Aliens film at Fox but can't remember what they did.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Nice mate, I also like when we have fascinating passengers, like the three nerd fat smelly transsexual guys I had last week...

Spent the whole night with the windows open and with that terrific image of these creatures in my head :)

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Yes I met . Movies director , actors hot chicks , transsexual , gays ,The lighting staff for the new alien movies , I met one of the home and away star . I ask him where are you going in the middle of the night he said going to work as barker delivery man becuase his acting contract had expired and is doing what ever he can in between acting jobs .

·
Registered
86 Posts
a canadian actor pursuing his dream and took him to a film shooting site, also a Portuguese ex-actress changing career...

a joke i'd remember for a long time: drove a nice bloke to pick up his holden 6.2 litre V8 from maintenance, told him my 2.0 diesel could take me to Melbourne in less than one tank of fuel, he replied, my car could take me to ... Hornsby...:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts