Uber Drivers Forum banner

Most common problems reported

4K views 36 replies 17 participants last post by  TaylorHamNCheez 
#1 ·
Im getting this summary:

1) Starting/ending trips on time-

This is bogus. I always end the trip right before I pull to a stop. I start the trip right when they are seated in the car.

2) City knowledge- I always use GPS and if they didnt enter an address I make sure its entered. I religiously use WAZE and so I have no idea why this came up. Even if they insist on giving me directions an address has to be entered. In certain short term trips I wont enter it like down to the PATH in Hoboken, but almost every trip gets an address entered into the GPS.

3) Professionalism- Now I know they were not talking about me. Car is spotless, wear slacks and dress shirt or polo, everyone gets greeted, etc. Im not sure exactly what the passengers are expecting. Do they want me to pull up in a formal outfit complete with hat. Jump out of the car and do a formal door opening?

#5 ·
Must have just been the comments that some of your passengers left. I had 1 comment that was positive, but I also saw 51 out of 59 trips were 5 star, so I'm surprised I didn't see any of the canned responses. Although I have seen that stuff once or twice in the past, total BS obviously.

#8 ·
Judging that a majority of my rides are 5 star, it makes no sense that my rating is below 4.8 most of the time.

Also, I've never had an issue with a rider nor do I try to tell them anything about me, so it makes no sense why Uber is constantly trying to shove this fake negative criticism down our throats... Unless it's to keep drivers on their toes from getting too comfortable.

#10 ·
Im getting this summary:

1) Starting/ending trips on time-

This is bogus. I always end the trip right before I pull to a stop. I start the trip right when they are seated in the car.

2) City knowledge- I always use GPS and if they didnt enter an address I make sure its entered. I religiously use WAZE and so I have no idea why this came up. Even if they insist on giving me directions an address has to be entered. In certain short term trips I wont enter it like down to the PATH in Hoboken, but almost every trip gets an address entered into the GPS.

3) Professionalism- Now I know they were not talking about me. Car is spotless, wear slacks and dress shirt or polo, everyone gets greeted, etc. Im not sure exactly what the passengers are expecting. Do they want me to pull up in a formal outfit complete with hat. Jump out of the car and do a formal door opening?
I think we all got the same bs email from uber
Mine went I step further that I should not advertise other business except uber
Really so if pax asks me if this one restaurant or bar is good or has good reviews what should I say
Take the fifth lol uber don't allow recommendations
What a ****ing joke
How about if they ask what do you do?
And I say carpentry sheet rocking and tile
So now I'm advertising my business
Fy uber and the one asshole that problably complain about it after he asked me what do I do for a living
I'm going start telling everyone I'm a brain surgeon but I just drive uber in between surgeries

#14 ·
I think we all got the same bs email from uber
Mine went I step further that I should not advertise other business except uber
Really so if pax asks me if this one restaurant or bar is good or has good reviews what should I say
Take the fifth lol uber don't allow recommendations
What a ****ing joke
How about if they ask what do you do?
And I say carpentry sheet rocking and tile
So now I'm advertising my business
Fy uber and the one asshole that problably complain about it after he asked me what do I do for a living
I'm going start telling everyone I'm a brain surgeon but I just drive uber in between surgeries
I got the same email, I fired the reply back to Uber, stop sending me generic email's . someone is new in the area and they asked what is a thing to do or a good place to eat.. I'm not promoting any other business only a recommendation. going forward I will say to the passenger/rider's , I cannot tell you what to do , Uber is being a hard ass by telling stop promoting other businesses. I got a response back under 3 minutes.. I'm sorry you got this email.. are you really, cut the BS John.. you guys would not exist if us drivers were not on the road.. my rating was 3.67.. 2 asshats said they paid too much for the ride and i took a longer route. the other 14 doucebag's did not leave any feedback. I replied back to John, John, please look at the data, I followed the GPS map.. your company has provided me, obey all legal laws. Maybe just maybe, Uber needs a flashing RED led message you're requesting a surge price, so the price will be tripled, that is not my fault, that is the riders fault requesting a ride @ 3:am at 2,8 surge rate. Also why are we forced to make reviews on the passengers immediatley after the ride and these ridres don't for us. Uber needs to give the Drivers and Automatic 5 star rating if the passenger does not respond within 24 hours.. Have not heard from John since that last email.

#12 ·
I got the same email even if my rating for that week was 4.87. Is for everyone. Is not individual. I usually don t talk with pax unless they start talking. They ask to many questions some times. Everyone wants to know what your job is /was before uber. Why is so important. I notice that even when I meet someone new. What to do for a living. That is the question number 1. Why why why is so important to know what somebody's job is. I am not interested on that tread for people I just meet

#27 ·
I guess. Most of the early immigrants are from Europe. We are all from somewhere. Only native Americans are the real thing. You want to know who are the most racist? The cannoli and pasta eaters. They hate any not white race. Any Italian I meet hates non white race. Mama mia mangia la macaroni eee!!! Can t stand them

#32 ·
Yes how do I complain, Female passenger complains it's too hot in car? it 65 degrees in my car.. outside in 45 degrees... not stating the fact.. she was drunk and started to take off her coat, sweater,and top.. very awkward situation for me.. damn where is the group dashcam deal?

#33 ·
They are in construction because they have the right connections. Uncle, cousin, you name it who works in one of this high pay Union construction jobs. For a regular guy who just want a job like that is impossible to get if you don t know the right person. I know a pizza shop where all drivers are Italians. They do not hire anybody else even if they really need people. My friend went there to apply for pizza delivery and they ask him: WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM. Wtf. The guy is white but not Italian. Some of them are ok but very few
Now I think I figure it out you are Albanian

#34 ·
I got the same email even if my rating for that week was 4.87. Is for everyone. Is not individual. I usually don t talk with pax unless they start talking. They ask to many questions some times. Everyone wants to know what your job is /was before uber. Why is so important. I notice that even when I meet someone new. What to do for a living. That is the question number 1. Why why why is so important to know what somebody's job is. I am not interested on that tread for people I just meet
Oh my God I hate that question.Too..

#35 ·
They want to know so they will see how they treat you. I speak with a accent ant they always believe that I came from a very very poor life and I am so grateful that I make 3$ per ride. F..k that. My life was even better before to move here. I don t like to be a slave for nobody. I need to earn my money because I deserve it not because of ass liking. Best pax i meet are Hispanic people. They don t request to much and they are always grateful for the ride. The worst for me? Spoiled rich white brats Jewish specially. I am not racist at all. My wife is a different race than me. So is no way I am against any race. Uber on
I,m not a racist, I hate everyone

#36 ·
I tell them I do undercover work..They get real quiet and treat you very nice...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.