Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1,500 trips a rating in the 4.8's and no incidents.

Today I find out I'm not allowed to drive because of the following issue with my background check.
"- License Status: Expired Cdl License Status: Expired"

no, I'm not making this up, Uber and Checkr really are that dysfunctional

1. One of the, first, things :mad: Uber requires when we sign up, is... a valid Drivers License (mine doesn't expire until 2024)

2. What the heck would a 'CDL' license have to do with Uber ???? (not that I've ever possessed one)

3. I've already been driving for Uber for a year now on my current valid DL and background check !!!

:rolleyes:

so apparently, I've been a WILDMAN and been breaking all the rules... driving with an expired fantasy-CDL that never existed ,

It's me , the evil uber truckdriver who uses an 18 wheeler to transport passengers

they found me out

makes sense

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
maybe this is the dark secret future of uber pool?

ubertrafficking - just load 'em up in the trailer. For $100 a day, you simply tote up to 50 people a few hundred miles across state/country lines. No questions asked.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
...a valid Drivers License (mine doesn't expire until 2024)
Quick go check a newspaper. Make sure what year it is....
You may have time traveled. I would help you but I'm stuck in the '80s right now.
...and i'm trying to read this post on a commodore 64....taking forever to load.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
maybe this is the dark secret future of uber pool?

ubertrafficking - just load 'em up in the trailer. For $100 a day, you simply tote up to 50 people a few hundred miles across state/country lines. No questions asked.
Hey, don't be stealing our work down here in AZ. We call it Uber Coyote. Pays real well. Up to $1500 per illegal. Who said we need to build a wall?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Who doesn't love to go to the DMV?

Now I have to go (sorry Checkr's generic form letter actually says "reach out!") to the DMV:oops: because Checkr has the same customer disservice as Uber.

HOW DO YOU FREAKIN' FAIL A BACKGROUND CHECK AFTER COMPLETING 1,400 TRIPS!!!:p

:) so in FUBAR & Checkdurr Land, i've transported over 2,000 people with an invalid license...

can i sue or something? we sue about everything... Fubar just had me doing illegal stuff for 10 months and risking lives, or something

I still want some '80s parties.

I want my MTV

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
He didn't fail the background check, his license expired, or so he says.

This isn't complicated.
"he" = me (i started this thread)
yes = Checkr the background check company failed my background check Monday. Uber subsequently disabled my app until I clear my background check.

My license is NOT expired.
It is good until 2024.
Same license i signed up with 10 months ago and did 1,400 uber trips with, before receiving an email Monday from Checkr(uber's background check company), that my background check failed.
The reason stated was that my 'CDL license has expired'. I don't have a CDL.

I literally just failed a background check for Uber, Monday, 10 months into the gig, for an expired CDL that I never possessed.

Now I have to 'reach out' to the department of motor vehicles and have them confirm that my license is in good standing. Hopefully then, at that point, there is some way for Checkr to receive the correct info (in writing?) or reset my account.

It's not that complicated. It is just a crippling glitch, and the complete lack customer service means that I have to physically go to the DMV and then acquire 'proof' and then figure out how to do the equivalent of 'escalating' the customer service emails w/ Checkr to attempt to get my background check 'clear' again. Simple but costing me time and money to jump through ridiculous hoops.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hey 80s party with chix and weed......I'm good I'll bring the boom box and the high hair and put all da perty makeup on myself...:)
I can't get over it.....strap me into the time machine and lock the door shut.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts