Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, not sure where we're putting app news. But I guess if you have to move it I'll figure it out once you move it.

This was in my opportunities section of the app. What you see here is what we now know about it. Nothing else was explained or given in the information except for what you see.
Font Line Screenshot Parallel Tool

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, but what I need is, after dropping off after a 2-3 hour long drive to the airport, is a decent sized trip going back towards home. Not in the opposite direction, not to California and not a short trip or fscking being held hostage by a stupid alogrithm 2-3 hours from home.

I'll take one back, but thats it. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. 😁

Uber keeps doing this 'one size fits all' scheme when we really need individual control.

We set the criteria and they supply the pax.
what you don't have a pillow and blanket in your car? Living in the North for as long as I did I got in the habit of always having a pill on blanket just in case cuz of the winter.

Also being in the South there's a lot of sand, so if you happen to get fortunate enough to get a frisky individual to go to the beach and have midnight coitus, you better have a blanket. Just let me tell you, sand in places that it's not supposed to be and coitus is no bueno!

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What market do you drive in? Usually Tampa Bay is used as a test market for new features and this was definitely not part of the new update. (But we have had full detail requests since holiday, and it’s been lovely.)

I could dig this feature, but I can also see it totally screwing a lot of people. And, I feel like being on top of it is the only way it will work in your favor.
JACKSONVILLE FL

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I’m in Jax and I wish I could sell these “opportunities“ to other drivers. Out of 5k rides I’ve never sat at the airport with the other AP vultures. There are several places around the airport that constantly have rides coming and going. I use them to escape the airport area after a drop off.
We have a winner.

All the airport vultures ignore or pass anything that is not on the airport property. They give up so much business it's ridiculous. Yeah a lot of them are short runs, but they're going to take one all the way out to Ponte Vedra for 28 bucks, well you do three little ones for $9 each and have the same miles 1 way. But you're still close to the airport. They deadhead back thinking they made money! Lol

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah but don’t you think those people are part of the reason this program came about? Uber is sick of massive amounts of cars being in a lot and none of them accepting rides. They want people who will be more likely to accept rides and this is a possible way to do it.
Problem 1
Our market will mix airport rides with local rides within the same area because our staging area is actually 3 mi away from the airport. In a Walmart parking lot. So you can sit there for an hour waiting on an airplane ride and instead they send you a $4 local drop off with no priority pickup offer. The airport is north of the city and there's really not a lot around for I'd say 5 miles.

Problem 2
They offer a surge when there is no airport activity or riders in the pen, but they send you a local ride with a $4 surge which makes it $8, but they put you at the back of the line.

Problem 3
You are sent out of state dropoffs with no return possibility. You cannot pick up in Georgia if you live in Florida. So that's a money loser from the get-go.

Problem 4
Uber doesn't care about you.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I’ve told you privately the neighborhood I live in. I get pings for the airport in my driveway. I’m nowhere close 😂😂
Go east across the river a stones throw...lol

I get them here as well. But I'm not traveling 20 minutes to go to the airport to travel another 38 minutes to ponte vedra with a total of 50 MI for only $25.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts