Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, not sure where we're putting app news. But I guess if you have to move it I'll figure it out once you move it.

This was in my opportunities section of the app. What you see here is what we now know about it. Nothing else was explained or given in the information except for what you see.
Font Line Screenshot Parallel Tool

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Nice, obviously designed to spread out available drivers, get them to work nights etc.

What I need is, after dropping off after a 2-3 hour long drive to the airport, is a decent sized trip going back towards home.

Not in the opposite direction, not to California and not a short trip or fscking being held hostage by a stupid alogrithm 2-3 hours from home.

I'll take one back, but thats it. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. 😁

Uber keeps doing this 'one size fits all' scheme when we really need individual control. Especially if dropping off.

We set the criteria and they supply the pax. They got like 2-3 hours to find one for me. Sheesh. 🙄

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, but what I need is, after dropping off after a 2-3 hour long drive to the airport, is a decent sized trip going back towards home. Not in the opposite direction, not to California and not a short trip or fscking being held hostage by a stupid alogrithm 2-3 hours from home.

I'll take one back, but thats it. I'm tired and I want to go to bed. 😁

Uber keeps doing this 'one size fits all' scheme when we really need individual control.

We set the criteria and they supply the pax.
what you don't have a pillow and blanket in your car? Living in the North for as long as I did I got in the habit of always having a pill on blanket just in case cuz of the winter.

Also being in the South there's a lot of sand, so if you happen to get fortunate enough to get a frisky individual to go to the beach and have midnight coitus, you better have a blanket. Just let me tell you, sand in places that it's not supposed to be and coitus is no bueno!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
what you don't have a pillow and blanket in your car? Living in the North for as long as I did I got in the habit of always having a pill on blanket just in case cuz of the winter.

Also being in the South there's a lot of sand, so if you happen to get fortunate enough to get a frisky individual to go to the beach and have midnight coitus, you better have a blanket. Just let me tell you, sand in places that it's not supposed to be and coitus is no bueno!
I get paid enough to return home or else nobody would do the runs. However at the airport it only pays enough one way, which is fine with me as I'm going home anyway. So I would welcome the gravy.

They have 2-3 hours before I arrive and dropoff, plenty of time to hook me up with a return trip.

I'm not sleeping in my car and waiting till morning, just to get shorties, that's for amateurs.

They don't even allow directional trips at the airports.

Hello stupids at Uber....?

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,912 Posts
Sorry, not sure where we're putting app news. But I guess if you have to move it I'll figure it out once you move it.

This was in my opportunities section of the app. What you see here is what we now know about it. Nothing else was explained or given in the information except for what you see.
View attachment 670604
They are trying to get people into the lot to
kill the surges. Think about that boost+ too

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I make a great living off DFW, I had 17 opportunities to make extra money this week with Uber, $25-$30/hour 7 days a week. I start at 4:30 a.m. work until dark with a long lunch. I never wait at the airport. If I do a drop off, I get an immediate pick up at the same terminal and off I go. It is working great for me. I made $200 in bonuses for work I would do anyway. Walmart is always hiring. I love my gig. My PAX love me, have tons of regulars. FT for me. I have a second income, do UberX/ Pool and I'm busy all day and night.

Sorry it doesn't work for most of you. OK, flame away, I'm going back to make more money.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I make a great living off DFW, I had 17 opportunities to make extra money this week with Uber, $25-$30/hour 7 days a week. I start at 4:30 a.m. work until dark with a long lunch. I never wait at the airport. If I do a drop off, I get an immediate pick up at the same terminal and off I go. It is working great for me. I made $200 in bonuses for work I would do anyway. Walmart is always hiring. I love my gig. My PAX love me, have tons of regulars. FT for me. I have a second income, do UberX/ Pool and I'm busy all day and night.

Sorry it doesn't work for most of you. OK, flame away, I'm going back to make more money.
It sounds like you really enjoy driving, which is great. What kind of car do you use to Uber ?

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 670604
What market do you drive in? Usually Tampa Bay is used as a test market for new features and this was definitely not part of the new update. (But we have had full detail requests since holiday, and it’s been lovely.)

I could dig this feature, but I can also see it totally screwing a lot of people. And, I feel like being on top of it is the only way it will work in your favor.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What market do you drive in? Usually Tampa Bay is used as a test market for new features and this was definitely not part of the new update. (But we have had full detail requests since holiday, and it’s been lovely.)

I could dig this feature, but I can also see it totally screwing a lot of people. And, I feel like being on top of it is the only way it will work in your favor.
JACKSONVILLE FL

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yeah, I’m in Jax and I wish I could sell these “opportunities“ to other drivers. Out of 5k rides I’ve never sat at the airport with the other AP vultures. There are several places around the airport that constantly have rides coming and going. I use them to escape the airport area after a drop off.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I’m in Jax and I wish I could sell these “opportunities“ to other drivers. Out of 5k rides I’ve never sat at the airport with the other AP vultures. There are several places around the airport that constantly have rides coming and going. I use them to escape the airport area after a drop off.
We have a winner.

All the airport vultures ignore or pass anything that is not on the airport property. They give up so much business it's ridiculous. Yeah a lot of them are short runs, but they're going to take one all the way out to Ponte Vedra for 28 bucks, well you do three little ones for $9 each and have the same miles 1 way. But you're still close to the airport. They deadhead back thinking they made money! Lol

·
Banned
800 Posts
What they don't tell you is that you are not making the line to pick the trash no one wants to pick, 2 miles away from the airport, now most ants will say something along the lines of... "well shucks, it's an instant pick up"- yes at the cost of loading crap in your trunk increasing chance of damage and airport traffic.

·
Banned
800 Posts
We have a winner.

All the airport vultures ignore or pass anything that is not on the airport property. They give up so much business it's ridiculous. Yeah a lot of them are short runs, but they're going to take one all the way out to Ponte Vedra for 28 bucks, well you do three little ones for $9 each and have the same miles 1 way. But you're still close to the airport. They deadhead back thinking they made money! Lol
True airport vulture knows the skip line to number 1 hax. I don't think I ever posted that one cause admin or mods said no hacks or exploits to be posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts

They let you drive for private customers? Seems like that is the way to go. Many people have regular needs...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts