Uber Drivers Forum banner

More Snow/Blizzard in Connecticut

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  JaniceCT 
#1 · (Edited)
Bigger and Badder than the last storm. In CT, starting early Tuesday 3/14 into Wednesday 3/15 afternoon with blizzard conditions Tuesday and accumulations of around a foot. Boston may take a major hit. Expect great surge opportunities if you have 4WD or AWD, and good snow tires. Accuweather.

If pro-Global-Warming, that's the obvious reason there's a mid-March blizzard. - duh!
If anti-Global-Warming, it's a blizzard, pretty much the opposite causes. - duh!

See less See more
#10 ·
Wrong! The Governor can and has. Google
WTNH Malloy declares statewide travel ban Tuesday
Yeah, that's for those who are ignorant of the law.

Here are his exact words: "Residents are urged to make safety a priority and to not make any attempt to travel."

And from the Connecticut State Police: "While people are asked not to drive Tuesday, any drivers should reduce their speed and leave plenty of room between vehicles. Also, they should remember to put on their headlights, so their car is visible to other drivers."

There is no legal mechanism to outright "ban" travel in Connecticut.

#11 ·
Yeah, that's for those who are ignorant of the law.

Here are his exact words: "Residents are urged to make safety a priority and to not make any attempt to travel."

And from the Connecticut State Police: "While people are asked not to drive Tuesday, any drivers should reduce their speed and leave plenty of room between vehicles. Also, they should remember to put on their headlights, so their car is visible to other drivers."

There is no legal mechanism to outright "ban" travel in Connecticut.
Thats an awsome avatar you got there. Lol

#14 · (Edited)
During the Great March Blizzard of 2017, I'm going to:
(Select one or more or add your own)
  • Set a new posting record on this forum
  • Drive for Lyft all day because Uber is going offline at 5am
  • Binge watch my 7 favorite TV series
  • Write every single congressperson about my support for (or opposition to) Trump.
  • Spend all day with my kids (after which my sanity is highly questionable)
  • Do all the things that I've been putting off for months
  • Winter sports that I've missed: cross-country skiing, sledding, and show-shoeing
  • Build 50 completely unique snowmen and snowwomen
  • Cook for the rest of the month
  • Read and delete my 3,145 unread inbox messages
  • Finish my 2016 taxes
  • Finally read Uber's Terms of Service
  • Complete building my own level 5 autonomous car in the garage.

#17 ·
Power Outages in CT.
On a serious note, each of the 3 power companies in CT maintain an online power outage map, list, and reporting web site. Google
ct outagecentral
(outagecentral is one word, no spaces)
They can all be reached by phone if you lose Internet access.

#19 ·
Plus there is a difference between climate change and weather. Many of the dumb people-read Trump supporters-can not grasp that.
Look up Polar Shift.

During the Great March Blizzard of 2017, I'm going to:
(Select one or more or add your own)
  • Set a new posting record on this forum
  • Drive for Lyft all day because Uber is going offline at 5am
  • Binge watch my 7 favorite TV series
  • Write every single congressperson about my support for (or opposition to) Trump.
  • Spend all day with my kids (after which my sanity is highly questionable)
  • Do all the things that I've been putting off for months
  • Winter sports that I've missed: cross-country skiing, sledding, and show-shoeing
  • Build 50 completely unique snowmen and snowwomen
  • Cook for the rest of the month
  • Read and delete my 3,145 unread inbox messages
  • Finish my 2016 taxes
  • Finally read Uber's Terms of Service
  • Complete building my own level 5 autonomous car in the garage.
Charge your phone battery.
It makes a good flashlight if nothing else.

#20 · (Edited)
Now that both Uber and Lyft have shut down operations for the remainder of the blizzard, I'm joining DogSled Delivery. Transporting both packages and people in the worst white-out weather conditions. Going where the best 4WD SUV cannot. Our Motto:
"Roads? We don't need no stinkin' roads ..." :D

#21 ·
Wrong! The Governor can and has. Google
WTNH Malloy declares statewide travel ban Tuesday
Some people are always going to violate travel bans.

Sometimes they find them.
Sometimes they don't . . . .

BE SAFE !
Now that both Uber and Lyft have shut down operations for the remainder of the blizzard, I'm joining DogSled Delivery. Transporting both packages and people in the worst white-out weather conditions. Going where the best 4WD SUV cannot. Our Motto:
"Roads? We don't need no stinkin' roads ..." :D
OR try economy Dog Sled x

Attachments

#23 ·
I feel bad for any 3rd shift workers that were left stranded because they thought they would have an Uber or Lyft ride home this morning. I'm not going to fault the rideshare companies for shutting down in response to the travel ban. However I think they should have announced it much sooner. By 5:30pm yesterday the state had issued the statement about the travel ban. Last night at 10pm Lyft was texting drivers about driving safely in the snow with no mention of the travel ban. Lots of people depend on these services for transportation. It doesn't seem right to shut down on such short notice.

If Uber is shut down, will Ubereats still be operating???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.