Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Wrong! The Governor can and has. Google
WTNH Malloy declares statewide travel ban Tuesday
Some people are always going to violate travel bans.

Sometimes they find them.
Sometimes they don't . . . .

BE SAFE !
Now that both Uber and Lyft have shut down operations for the remainder of the blizzard, I'm joining DogSled Delivery. Transporting both packages and people in the worst white-out weather conditions. Going where the best 4WD SUV cannot. Our Motto:
"Roads? We don't need no stinkin' roads ..." :D
OR try economy Dog Sled x

Attachments

I'm on the east coast and depending on how bad the weather is I'll be jumping on Ubereats, They have a good guarantee promotion for tonight and tomorrow, Uber x is the regular small boost fares and not worth dealing with silly passengers and crazy weather.

I feel bad for any 3rd shift workers that were left stranded because they thought they would have an Uber or Lyft ride home this morning. I'm not going to fault the rideshare companies for shutting down in response to the travel ban. However I think they should have announced it much sooner. By 5:30pm yesterday the state had issued the statement about the travel ban. Last night at 10pm Lyft was texting drivers about driving safely in the snow with no mention of the travel ban. Lots of people depend on these services for transportation. It doesn't seem right to shut down on such short notice.

I'm on the east coast and depending on how bad the weather is I'll be jumping on Ubereats, They have a good guarantee promotion for tonight and tomorrow, Uber x is the regular small boost fares and not worth dealing with silly passengers and crazy weather.
If Uber is shut down, will Ubereats still be operating???

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I feel bad for any 3rd shift workers that were left stranded because they thought they would have an Uber or Lyft ride home this morning.
Any decent company would have been aware of the issue and sent workers home well before 5am.

My guess is no UberEats. Driving UberEats has same dangers in blizzard as driving UberX.

I feel bad for any 3rd shift workers that were left stranded because they thought they would have an Uber or Lyft ride home this morning. I'm not going to fault the rideshare companies for shutting down in response to the travel ban. However I think they should have announced it much sooner. By 5:30pm yesterday the state had issued the statement about the travel ban. Last night at 10pm Lyft was texting drivers about driving safely in the snow with no mention of the travel ban. Lots of people depend on these services for transportation. It doesn't seem right to shut down on such short notice.

open up the customer app and you'll see its shut down

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.