Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t care. Men tip better.

Sure there are women who tip a lot - I’m one of them. Never under 20%, and round up after that. For pick up. So you can imagine…

But I am a rare bird (Brits will appreciate the pun).

MEN. TIP. BETTER.

It’s not ‘cause I’m attractive. As I’m not (I am, but to me - not conventionally.)

And women named Lorraine tip badly even compared to other women.

Now feel free to tell me how wrong I am, but just take a mental note anyway. You’re welcome

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
In my experience, young woman in their twenties tip much better than their male counterparts, who tend to be cheap as hell. For people in their thirties and forties, I think men do tip a little better. The women that age tend to be more budget oriented and tip the minimal 15%. For older people, it’s about even. Some tip very generously, some not, but I have not noticed one gender tipping better than the other.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Young women can make more than anyone these days on looks alone, but that's usually short lived.

I think men make more on average because they dont typically take time off work for pregnancy or family care. This makes a big difference in disposable income.

·
Premium Member
11,880 Posts
In my 7.5 yrs at this, I find that Black women tip more so than Blacks guys. As they can least afford to. Funny how this works in reverse. As,
The wealthy are the worst, doesn't matter man or women.
The Asians seem to be coming up, but is that cause they are American born ?

Lately the airport tips have fallen off. So another three star goes out for yesterday.

Edit, the guys makes good in the 26th hour. smh... This time support says they can't change the rating but they match us up again. Um,... K smh again.... He's from Phoenix so very un likely I'll ever get him again.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
In a world where you can call up a doctor on Skype, and say my anxiety is so bad I need "the pot," and get a card for "the pot" for $400 , which is laughable in itself, is the only excuse that I can think of that would possibly(b1tch you buy "the pot", your ass better tip) exclude you from tipping when your ordering food.

Your ratchet ass just paid $23 for a burger fry Coke and a Sunday from McDonald's that is normally around $12, because your ass is too lazy to go get it yourself.

It's your trifling ass who wants to blame the driver for the 100° heat melting your Sunday, your fries being rubbery and cold because of the 15-minute plus delivery time, which is probably standard for even your own little travel to the McDonald's and back, a watered-down Coke because the same reason of 15 minutes and 100° Heat, condition of your meal so you untip or you reduce the tip so your effectively scoff in the face of the driver for doing his/her job.

Classy you chicken headed hoodrat. Classy.

Ps.
This politically correct "pronoun" bull excrement piles has got to stop.

That is all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will tell you why: women are more likely to have worked in the service industry and “get it.” I bartended for a few years and pretty much now I always tip so long as it’s deserved.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will tell you why: women are more likely to have worked in the service industry and “get it.” I bartended for a few years and pretty much now I always tip so long as it’s deserved.
I never said women don’t tip. I said men tip better. And they do.

This “when it’s deserved” is very telling. Most people would say “unless they screw up”. There’s a difference. A big one.

·
Premium Member
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most deliveries I just deliver to door. Rarely see what the person looks like.
Well, you get a name, don’t ya?

I came up with this post when I noticed I always get upset when I get a suspected hidden tip offer and later discover it’s a woman’s name. It’s not me being boy-crazy, either - as you mentioned, 90% of my pings are “leave at door”.

I don’t think I’ve gotten Unicorns from women more than a couple of times, and even then - more like ponies. It’s always men.

I would agree about really young kids - teenagers, but caveat being both sexes suck. 20+ - the men just tip better.

Obvi there are exceptions on both ends, but I’m always happier if it’s a male name.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts