Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

What's more dangerous?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8,887 Posts
Food delivery and taxi services have traditionally been some of the highest risk occupations.

But between the two, I vote driving. Maybe food delivery puts you more at risk of robbery or abduction, but when you're driving it is really common to have someone extremely drunk or high on some drug that will flip like a switch and get angry.

· Premium Member
8,887 Posts
I had 4 italian mobsters who I picked up late night at a bar a few years back. One gets in the car and tells me to wait for his friends. The other 3 get in my car with baseball bats. I was pretty sure they weren't going for a nice game of baseball. The ride was about 15 minutes and the entire way they're talking about bashing someones head in if they don't pay. We get to the bar, one of the guys asks if I can wait for them. I said sure!! The second they got out of the car I bolted. I chose Uber is more dangerous!
I had some gangsters make me evade a chase car once. I had the feeling that if I failed to evade the car, consequences would have been quite dire.

I'm not too worried about being abducted out of a doorway doing food delivery. I'd probably feel differently if I was a woman, or doing delivery in a place like Mexico where kidnappings for ransom is common. I just keep aware of my surroundings, keep my distance from people when I'm walking down the alley to get to the restaurant at 3 AM, and keep my pistols ready.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.