Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

What's more dangerous?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,315 Posts
Food delivery and taxi services have traditionally been some of the highest risk occupations.

But between the two, I vote driving. Maybe food delivery puts you more at risk of robbery or abduction, but when you're driving it is really common to have someone extremely drunk or high on some drug that will flip like a switch and get angry.
That level of risk is on the driver's choice of time and place. Delivery is dangerous because you have an unknown at every point. The restaurant, on the way to and from outside the car, same with the destination. Regardless of the time. You go outside your car. You are carrying food. You have a phone. A wallet. So much 360 to watch for. But on the other hand you don't think of it most of the time. But it is more dangerous by way of exposure.

· Registered
1,315 Posts
I had 4 italian mobsters who I picked up late night at a bar a few years back. One gets in the car and tells me to wait for his friends. The other 3 get in my car with baseball bats. I was pretty sure they weren't going for a nice game of baseball. The ride was about 15 minutes and the entire way they're talking about bashing someones head in if they don't pay. We get to the bar, one of the guys asks if I can wait for them. I said sure!! The second they got out of the car I bolted. I chose Uber is more dangerous!
Late at night at a bar. Keywords. You created your own hazard. Late at night at Denny's, on the other hand, you could get shot and killed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.