Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the road this evening its dead I don't get it..I got maybe a ping every 40 min...drove from the loop to uptown and back and no ping at one point..dont understand why so slow??? anyone got better luck>? didnt even make enough for a mc donalds coffee ...maybe ill head to airport and try my luck

·
Registered
354 Posts
Been on the road this evening its dead I don't get it..I got maybe a ping every 40 min...drove from the loop to uptown and back and no ping at one point..dont understand why so slow??? anyone got better luck>? didnt even make enough for a mc donalds coffee ...maybe ill head to airport and try my luck
Two key points

PATIENCE- recognize what day and time it is, what's the weather like, and if it's a holiday. Then discover the hot spots close to you and around the city, stop driving around looking for trips, and then........just wait. Cherry pick your trips, don't jump on everything they throw at you (this is an advance skill to develop) There were times I'll wait and let some pings time out for 30/40mins, just to then get a 20/30mins trip make $20+ that hour, and only drove half the time in that hour. Again, patience is key, and never follow quests and learn to difference between fake and real surges ( that's a whole other topic)
CALL IT QUITS- Even tho there were times were I was driving 6-8hours a day and few of those days I ended up making most of the money in the last 2-3hours, after months I learned on when to call it quits. Best advice on this, if in 2 hours you are making around the $11 avarage per hour, take an hour long break at a park, go to gym, go play with your kids, etc. It also depends what time of the day it is, wheater, etc.
But one rule I learned on calling it quits, once I make the desicion on turning app off, I will make myself not look at the app till the next day, I know is hard when you are trying to make that money and your mind is wondering, is it getting better out there? Maybe is surging around me right now?
Uber is very good manipulating with fake surges and quest to get as many people online as possible.
Once you call it a day, don't open app till next day, chill and enjoy being your own boss!!

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I made a $130 yesterday went out from 5:30 am to 10:30 am. People still had to go to work.
That's right. I got to surrounding downtown area around 7:45am and turned on app. I was busy right away with people heading to work. Thought it was a pretty busy day and into the evening. Normally don't drive during week days and just evening but I was off work so I put in a long day. Started around 7:45am and shut off for night around 9:45pm with a few breaks. Hit $336 for the day between Uber and Lyft. $300 was the goal for day so I was happy.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Why wouldn't you be at the airport on the last night of a holiday weekend?

Two key points

PATIENCE- recognize what day and time it is, what's the weather like, and if it's a holiday. Then discover the hot spots close to you and around the city, stop driving around looking for trips, and then........just wait. Cherry pick your trips, don't jump on everything they throw at you (this is an advance skill to develop) There were times I'll wait and let some pings time out for 30/40mins, just to then get a 20/30mins trip make $20+ that hour, and only drove half the time in that hour. Again, patience is key, and never follow quests and learn to difference between fake and real surges ( that's a whole other topic)
CALL IT QUITS- Even tho there were times were I was driving 6-8hours a day and few of those days I ended up making most of the money in the last 2-3hours, after months I learned on when to call it quits. Best advice on this, if in 2 hours you are making around the $11 avarage per hour, take an hour long break at a park, go to gym, go play with your kids, etc. It also depends what time of the day it is, wheater, etc.
But one rule I learned on calling it quits, once I make the desicion on turning app off, I will make myself not look at the app till the next day, I know is hard when you are trying to make that money and your mind is wondering, is it getting better out there? Maybe is surging around me right now?
Uber is very good manipulating with fake surges and quest to get as many people online as possible.
Once you call it a day, don't open app till next day, chill and enjoy being your own boss!!

Hope it helps.
How is it you know where they're going to go before you accept the trip? Are you psychic? Your method could just as easily screw you over. If you have an insight to knowing in advance where a trip is going, I'd love to know it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Why wouldn't you be at the airport on the last night of a holiday weekend?

How is it you know where they're going to go before you accept the trip? Are you psychic? Your method could just as easily screw you over. If you have an insight to knowing in advance where a trip is going, I'd love to know it.
Like i said cherry picking trips is a skill you'll develop as you rack up the miles in this gig.
Many things to take in consideration when getting the ping,
First NO POOL cheap as$ pax don't belong in my car, period.
Second... what time of the day and place you are located, I can give you examples of this, but it took miles and miles to know the hot spots and right times for long juicy trips.
Third.... address of pick up location (a trick if it helps for this one on the uber app to see pick up location on iPhone, stay online but not with app open, let it be running in background, as you get the ping, a banner comes up on top of the screen giving you type of trip and address)

Still not 100% guaranteed you'll get the trips you are looking for, but if doing it right, a good 80%+ of the time if cherry picking correctly, you'll get what you are looking for.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Like i said cherry picking trips is a skill you'll develop as you rack up the miles in this gig.
Second... what time of the day and place you are located, I can give you examples of this, but it took miles and miles to know the hot spots and right times for long juicy trips.
Third.... address of pick up location (a trick if it helps for this one on the uber app to see pick up location on iPhone, stay online but not with app open, let it be running in background, as you get the ping, a banner comes up on top of the screen giving you type of trip and address)

Still not 100% guaranteed you'll get the trips you are looking for, but if doing it right, a good 80%+ of the time if cherry picking correctly, you'll get what you are looking for.
Serious??? I've never heard of that. Have to try it tonight.

·
Registered
178 Posts

I love pool lol , where is surging

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.