Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I turned on my driver app. Took only a minute or two until I got a ping from a hotel to Lucas Oil Stadium. After I dropped off the rider, I didn't know what to do. Every street was swarming with Colts jerseys. Thousand of people walking to the game. So I drove away from Lucas Oil. Took a long time to get away from all the blue shirts. Sat and waited. Never got another ping. I saw that Carmel was surging 3.0x, but no way could I get there in time. So I slowly drove toward home. Never got another ping. Wasted the evening on one ride.

What do you guys do after dropping off a rider at a major event like Monday Night Football?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Uber makes a big friggin' deal over events, as if any event with a start and end time was good for more than one ride on either end of the event.

"It's going to a busy night, Colts vs Jets at Lucas Oil Stadium"

So what? You gonna hang around for 3 hours after a drop off to "maybe" get pinged back to Carmel? What if you get an after game ride to Friggin' Greenwood? You want to be stuck in Greenwood at midnight?

I don't chase events. If I get a ping, I'll take them. One ride is all any event has ever been worth to me. No way I'm sticking around for the end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I was downtown for the titans game this weekend and waited 30 minutes for a ping when it was surging in deep red but didn't get one until 30 seconds after surge ended. I think pax wait for the surge to end and I've heard that it only surges because pax open their app, not actually pinging for a ride.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ive noticed the same thing. I'll be in the middle of a big surge and no pings. If there were really that many pax you'd think you'd get at least one ping. I've also found that I'll be in the middle of a surge and get a ping outside the surge area. Wtf.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Yeah, I was downtown for the titans game this weekend and waited 30 minutes for a ping when it was surging in deep red but didn't get one until 30 seconds after surge ended. I think pax wait for the surge to end and I've heard that it only surges because pax open their app, not actually pinging for a ride.
Were you north of South Street?

That's where they are now telling riders and drivers to request and meet after Colts games.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts