Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
depends on the surge and road conditions ie how many accidents there are. People were driving pretty bad in areas with very little snow, if it’s sticking on the main roads it will be horrible. Keep in mind a lot of people probably didn’t drive at all last winter when there was snow so they will be extremely rusty. If there is a bright side it’s that many people are only going into the office a few days a week and Monday generally isn’t one of them

I did drive a person who worked at Starbucks who said Uber wanted $60 from Andersonville to Lincoln park at 5am, so she walked 10 minutes to the train

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
Monday is now the least popular day to go in to the office? What makes you think that?
Mondays and Friday. Most of the people I talk to that are on hybrid schedules are Tuesday thru Thursday and go in 2 or 3 days a week. But if you get an airport trip the lack of traffic let’s you get back to civilization quickly

if It sucks outside there will be a lot more hospital workers calling for Ubers between 6:15 & 6:45 than normal

·
Premium Member
7,211 Posts
People drive as freaking zombies in snow. 4 people in front of me didn't even try to stop at different stop signs. A pos Uber driver almost tboned me. Again,she didn't even bother to slow down driving on the reddest red. Two lanes are standing still for at least 5 seconds,I slowly start driving and this indian princess in a Prius cuts me an inch away from my front bumper. And it was broad day light...

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Lyft charging $150 from the SW burbs to ORD (normally less than $60).
No PPZ, no bonuses of any kind, so we have to drive in the snow, and Lyft pockets the extra $90 (if anyone is insane enough to pay for that ride).
What happened to the Pinky Swear? Dead already?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Lyft charging $150 from the SW burbs to ORD (normally less than $60).
No PPZ, no bonuses of any kind, so we have to drive in the snow, and Lyft pockets the extra $90 (if anyone is insane enough to pay for that ride).
What happened to the Pinky Swear? Dead already?
Lyft is so full of it. I don't know how they stay in business.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Wow, still surging everywhere and the morning rush is over.
I'm going to give them a couple more hours to clean up the streets before I go out.
I hate missing a Monday morning, but I hate accidents and ditches more.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
The upside to today is maybe Uber will start to get a clue that when Quests are insultingly low and CTB's aren't available most people aren't going to drive, especially in bad weather.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It turned out to be a $246 morning for me. 11 trips, all UberX. Left at 3:50 am returned at 10:20 am. 94 miles on the odometer.

Edit: $248. Tip just came in. Woo hoo!
nice, sounds like you do uber/lyft fulltime and are killing it. is it sustainable for fulltime is what im asking. well i guess it is if everyone were to drive like you lol

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice, sounds like you do uber/lyft fulltime and are killing it. is it sustainable for fulltime is what im asking. well i guess it is if everyone were to drive like you lol
I don't necessarily drive full time. It depends on how good the money is. In most of 2020 and in nearly all of 2021 I was driving 50+ hours a week because the money was so crazy good most of the time. Since New Years I've only been putting in 20-25 hours a week since the money's usually been quite bad.

I also don't know if I'm "killing it" or not. But I do prioritize $/hr and $/mi far more than anything else. Some drivers have other priorities, like total $, $/trip, $/day, $/week, or driving when/where or how often they like regardless of money.

I'm also in a situation where I can (and choose to) set my entire schedule around driving... including my sleep schedule. Many other drivers can't do that because of another job or other life things, or they just don't choose to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts