Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I get online at 5 PM yesterday after work. Few minutes later, 1st ping - 4.6 rating 17 minutes away, skip. Minute later, repeat from the same person, skip and log off. Waited a few minutes and log back on. Few minutes and another ping - 4.0 14 minutes away - no way, skip.
Few minutes later - 4.5 15 minutes away, skip, log off.
Then I finally get 4.9 but 19 minutes away - oh hell, I gotta take this to keep my acceptance rating. As soon as I took it, raider cancelled.
Then there were a couple of more low rating requests, skip.
Another 4.9 ping comes in, 17 minutes away - as soon as I accepted, they cancelled.
WFT?!...
Log off, get Wawa salad, go home. **** it.
2 hours online - 0 rides.
Did anyone in Philly area experienced same things yesterday as I did? Is that because of Papal visit we now see lots of low rated riders? (I was in KoP - Malvern area).
Most of the pings were from hotels, this is why I assume it's tourists who came to see the Pope.
A couple 4.5 were from Chipotle in Wayne - I know it's college kids - been there, done that - no way I'm driving 15 minutes to drive 4 girls for $3.20 and no tip.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You can't be that selective. Especially on a Monday night. There is not a huge demand. The ratings generally fall between 4.5 to 4.9. I've had riders sub 4.5 who have tipped. 15 min Is not a lot in KOP/Malvern. Sometimes you can shave 5 minutes off that as uber overestimates it. Hotel pick ups can sometimes lead to big fares (airport//30th street). Time to rethink your strategy.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I know Mondays can be tough here in NJ as well. Last night I waited around for a bit, then moved a bit, then filled up with gas, got a drink and then voila I finally get a ping around 6:30. Pickup from an office, rider texted and said they would be down in a few minutes go ahead and start the meter. Destination a few miles away at Whole Foods. Passenger and friend come out, 1 with a suitcase. Verified they were going to Whole Foods then they were going to a hotel afterwards. Low and behold 15 miles and 58 minutes later they were at their hotel. If it were a busy night I would not have waited, but since it was slow might as well get $10.80 per hour, better than nothing. After that a local ping going about 15 miles and then a ride into New York. Ended the night with 4 rides and headed home. Sometimes the good with the bad.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
funny but Mondays always turn out pretty good 4 me, started with small shitty rides but then one small surge, then an XL to Ardmore...still made my $100 (80) and go home...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The city is so oversatured with drivers right now on both Lyft and Uber...A lot of people are leaving town. Maybe Saturday and Sunday will be good in the burbs but I'm starting to doubt it. Most Philadelphians are laying low.

I may not even bother driving again till Friday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts