Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The Lodge...where the women will smile seductively at you while they look at your shoes, watch, jewelry, evaluate your personal grooming habits, sniff your cologne, and as they suggestively slide their arm around you to caress the back of your neck they will casually check the label of your shirt to size up a man's value.
So cruel ??‍♀

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
What's your favorite BBQ spot in the Dallas area?
That's a trick question, as there ARE no good BBQ spots in Dallas :p

Sadly, none of the ones in the area come close to the ones out in the sticks in Central Texas. Lockhart TX has 2 or so of the top 10 in the state. I tell everyone the reason Dallas doesn't have great BBQ is because the best pitmasters come here, they try to start their business like they did in the small towns, but then they figure they can make more money by cutting corners. Greed eventually dictates the quality of the food, but I digress. There are some decent spots, just nothing like in Central Texas. Hard 8 is ok, and Mike Anderson's isn't bad, I tried Pecan Lodge and wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
You can set your own price and uber can say no thanks, we dont want your services for that rate theres the door. you are free to either accept the price as is or walk. You are free to service their competitors, you are free to be their direct competitors by getting the proper license and insurance, perform your own marketing and develop a client base. Its not Ubers fault if you have no means to create further options as an IC. Not all ICs are created equal.

You are business owner. You pay for a service that generates you free leads for transportation. You are free to use multiple services for such leads or generate your own leads. You are free to refuse servce by refusing to use their App. If you were an employee, youd have far more mandatory guidelines.

I think miminum wage should be abolished. Not all people deserve even $7.25 and not all work is worth paying $7.25. Case in point in certain states, they allow companies to hire mentally challanged people for far less than minimum wage as a component of how productive they are to an abled body person. If companies we're forced to pay them minimum wage, they may never hire them. Some are arguing to abolish the practice, but many advocates including the people themselves argue that it would prevent them from being employable at any level. It may not be a livable wage but its something they can do to contribute and socialize.

If people are willing to work for $1 an hour, they should be allowed to.

Instead of point to uber for not paying you enough, why dont you be an adult and improve your situation yourself. No one owes you anything and if you want to earn more, you need to learn more and do more.
Another roll-over rover attitude. You make a lot of assumptions my friend and just commenting with a kindergartener mentality on other issues. You obviously realize that uber is losing money because they are practicing a suicidal strategy. We as a collective force can and should negotiate what is favorable for our business. In the end that would mean uber survives and so would it's partners. A business is a business and it doesn't matter if it's driving cars or brain surgery so no sense to argue on that. By putting pressure on uber we would be able to improve the situation. Uber is digging it's own grave as sooner or later a company will emerge that will respect the drivers and offer a fair and equitable profit distribution model to it's partners. By protesting and making our voices heard we in essence are accelerating that outcome and improving our position.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Another roll-over rover attitude. You make a lot of assumptions my friend and just commenting with a kindergartener mentality on other issues. You obviously realize that uber is losing money because they are practicing a suicidal strategy. We as a collective force can and should negotiate what is favorable for our business. In the end that would mean uber survives and so would it's partners. A business is a business and it doesn't matter if it's driving cars or brain surgery so no sense to argue on that. By putting pressure on uber we would be able to improve the situation. Uber is digging it's own grave as sooner or later a company will emerge that will respect the drivers and offer a fair and equitable profit distribution model to it's partners. By protesting and making our voices heard we in essence are accelerating that outcome and improving our position.
Roll over attitude? No, you are just a burger flipper demanding $15 an hour mininum wage for a low skill labor. If you want to make more money, you need to perform a job that demands more money. Driving Uber was great back in the day when Select was viable in Atlanta. Was easily making $600 in 18 hours on a Fri and sat night. When that was no longer viable, under $15 an hour gross, I quit. My time is worth more than that. Crying and whining about it wasnt going to solve anything.

I move to Dallas and gave it a shot again. XL was great then they changed the surge. Now i javent driven since January and I found another, better avenue for additional revenue. That avenue is also setting me up to have a very high demand and very well paid career as an Airline Pilot.

No one can improve your financial life but you. You want to go try to push a god damn mountain to bend to your will, have at it. I know the fastest way to earn more is to become more educated and develop a skill that has high market value.

If youre already too old to , well, that sucks for you and your poor choices in life.

Driving Uber is a skill you developed at 16 along with millions of other Americans and the ability to keep a clean record. Thats all you need to drive uber, so anything more than minimum wage is a bonus for any driver. Some drivers have found ways to excel and make good money doing this, good for them they found a way to do it with their ingenuity. You, however, have not. Quit whining about it and make something of yourself.

The white knight youve been dreaming of was called Juno, they failed their drivers when they sold out to Gett. Feel free to keep banging your head on a brick wall, the rest of us will work hard on ourselves and grow in order to improve our financial situation.

Uber was never meant to be a full time job nor a career, but keep banging that square peg into that round hole...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Roll over attitude? No, you are just a burger flipper demanding $15 an hour mininum wage for a low skill labor. If you want to make more money, you need to perform a job that demands more money. Driving Uber was great back in the day when Select was viable in Atlanta. Was easily making $600 in 18 hours on a Fri and sat night. When that was no longer viable, under $15 an hour gross, I quit. My time is worth more than that. Crying and whining about it wasnt going to solve anything.

I move to Dallas and gave it a shot again. XL was great then they changed the surge. Now i javent driven since January and I found another, better avenue for additional revenue. That avenue is also setting me up to have a very high demand and very well paid career as an Airline Pilot.

No one can improve your financial life but you. You want to go try to push a god damn mountain to bend to your will, have at it. I know the fastest way to earn more is to become more educated and develop a skill that has high market value.

If youre already too old to , well, that sucks for you and your poor choices in life.

Driving Uber is a skill you developed at 16 along with millions of other Americans and the ability to keep a clean record. Thats all you need to drive uber, so anything more than minimum wage is a bonus for any driver. Some drivers have found ways to excel and make good money doing this, good for them they found a way to do it with their ingenuity. You, however, have not. Quit whining about it and make something of yourself.

The white knight youve been dreaming of was called Juno, they failed their drivers when they sold out to Gett. Feel free to keep banging your head on a brick wall, the rest of us will work hard on ourselves and grow in order to improve our financial situation.

Uber was never meant to be a full time job nor a career, but keep banging that square peg into that round hole...
Well big wolly to you Einstein...this forum is probably not for you then. Continue with your extravaganza career and I hope you don't crash your plane...make sure you take that xtra course on the mcas.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Well big wolly to you Einstein...this forum is probably not for you then. Continue with your extravaganza career and I hope you don't crash your plane...make sure you take that xtra course on the mcas.
I truly hope you grow up and make something out of yourself. Your negativity is draining and I kind of understand better now why you are suffering. Its always someone elses fault, other people/companies need to change; not you. It's their fault you are failing; not yours.

Good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I truly hope you grow up and make something out of yourself. Your negativity is draining and I kind of understand better now why you are suffering. Its always someone elses fault, other people/companies need to change; not you. It's their fault you are failing; not yours.

Good luck.
Yes I truley wish to be like you Einstein. The smartest guy in the world. The knower of all...big and small. Your a budding psychologist and clairvoyant too. How wonderful! Such a positive fella too. Wishing you a happy lucky corporate life in your amazing lucky career.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Yes I truley wish to be like you Einstein. The smartest guy in the world. The knower of all...big and small. Your a budding psychologist and clairvoyant too. How wonderful! Such a positive fella too. Wishing you a happy lucky corporate life in your amazing lucky career.
Misery loves company and you only came to these forums so you can find more people to blame for your failures. Never once did I say I was the smarest guy in the world, but clearly you arent even in the running.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can't wait for @Alfacino and the union bosses to shake me down for my weekly union dues. I hope that he works on his negotiation skills prior to the eventual collective bargaining... He seems a bit rusty.

And remember, the Cadillac XTS (obvious Union Boss car choice) will work great on Uber Black!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Your credit card was declined sir....

Can't wait for @Alfacino and the union bosses to shake me down for my weekly union dues. I hope that he works on his negotiation skills prior to the eventual collective bargaining... He seems a bit rusty.

And remember, the Cadillac XTS (obvious Union Boss car choice) will work great on Uber Black!
Your credit card was declined sir....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
We are discussing a serious situation here about the scurge of gig sweatshops vs social values....and your talking about BBQ? The playground for children is not here kid...

You still haven't answered the BBQ question
We are discussing a serious situation here about the scurge of gig sweatshops vs social values....and your talking about BBQ? The playground for children is not here kid...

·
Registered
235 Posts

Yeah what else is there to talk about? BBQ is life my friend

And it's not really a discussion, just mostly you calling the people who disagree with you names. You have to understand friend, viewpoints in Texas are very different than other places ( I assume you aren't from here). People here look at it from the standpoint if I don't want to do something I don't do it. Would I like the rates to be higher sure, but at the end of the day this "sweatshop" gig is the most flexible way to make extra cash. Cash I use to make sure myself, my family and my friends are taken care of. Outside of that I don't concern myself with the decisions of others, I'll have my opinion and judgements of course but as people say "You do You." Then I move on with my life.

I respect you opinion on the situation but at the end of the day you chose to continue to drive or participate in "sweatshops" that take advantage of people. Me I don't mind being taken advantage of if I make the 250$ or so I need a week in 14-16 hours

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
@Cquebe3 thank you for articulating the Texas mindset. I'm afraid it is going the way of the dodo with all these blue state @Alfacino types infiltrating our blessed lands. America could use more of this type of thinking. It's a shame there are so many folks focused on trying to tell others how to live their lives in as many ways as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
Without sounding like @ftupelo, that hasnt been an issue I've had to worry about for a long time. And I wouldn't recommend taking your union rat dues on a credit card.
Haha, love it. You are right though, I never once in my life have worried about a credit card being declined or carried a balance. I've expressed my fondness for credit cards on this board often. In fact, I just signed up for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card yesterday. Even though sweetie is Titanium Elite For Life with Marriott (how we got the Presidential Suite in Houston a few weeks back), I still couldn't pass up the 100,000 free points. I plan on summering again this year in Europe (not yet planned, but likely various locales on the Spanish Riviera/Costa Blanca) which isn't going to just pay for itself - that's what sweetie's airline and hotel points are for.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Your argument is invalid. What if a local restaurant decided to pay less than minimum wage or call everyone contractors? That job has no barrier to entry, minimum skill level, etc. There is a reason why developed countries have labor laws.

California has already introduced a bill saying gig jobs such as Uber and Lyft are not exempt. My guess is other states will come on board and they are going to have to cough up a lot of back pay. It is just a matter of time.
The difference here is drivers are no longer tipping restaurant workers that use us for rides with no tips. Humm, a waiter needs black pants and a shirt. We need car, gas. insurance, snacks for the little pax holes and water. Then because the paxholes are such assets, we also need dash cams.

I used to give a random complaint every time I received one. It appears pax's dont like getting those either. Hahaha

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.