Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I begin. I must have accepted at least ten requests the other night during a surge, and not one of them were indicated "as" being surge in my profile. Was told that there is a problem with the app, and that customers are paying surge, but we're not seeing surge, which makes no sense other than the fact that Uber might be trying to steal surge from us. Only way to know for sure is to compare what the passengers are paying as to what we are being told we are charging them...

Cancellations. My God, I must have accepted five requests in a row the other day, and they were cancelled within a fraction of a few seconds. Kind of like I hit accept, then instantaneously it stated cancelled. I'm assuming new riders are just testing the Uber waters because they are new to Uber. But wow, what a pain in the ass. There should be a disclaimer, do not request driver and cancel or you will be charged, forget the five minute rule. It's ridiculous...

Now time to vent lol. Get a request, navigation brings me to the passenger's home for pick up. I get there, the app says the passenger has been notified, so I wait in their driveway. Five minutes goes by, and I'm like, okay, I am going to start the trip and then call them to find out what's going on. A few minutes more passes by and I get a call from them, they are somewhere else! I am like you have to be effin kidding me (to myself), and I told them don't worry, give me the address and I will be there shortly. So I left the original pickup destination, I did NOT start the trip yet as a courtesy, and went and got them elsewhere. As soon as I showed up, there were A LOT of them, totaling five! Now I am pissed. They didn't speak English too well, and I did not want to leave them stranded. because there were no XL's anywhere on site. So I explained to them that UberX only allows up to four passengers, but I will make the exception this time because I don't want to leave them stranded. So they pile in, and I take them to a restaurant in which they did not freaking put into the app, but handed me the restaurant business card and said "there". Got them there quickly despite that, just called On-Star and did it that way, and they were appreciative, gave them 5 stars, they gave me 5 stars, and I was on my way. I reached out to Uber explaining what took place with all of that in case they seen a different pick up location, and Uber, on their own, adjusted the pay from the original pick up point (which was only a few dollars, no big deal), but suddenly my rating is reading 4.86 on my profile! Do you mean to tell me that when there is a fee adjustment, Uber allows them to AGAIN rate you after they already gave you a 5? I mean of course it will be lower because their going to be upset, how do they not see that ahead of time...

Anyway rant over, hope everyone had a profitable night...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes the different pricing has been going on for a while, there is a YouTube clip about Uber stealing the surge from drivers, the clip was made by uber man.
In regards to waiting for the pax and calling them, I don't do that anymore I just wait for 5 minutes then I hit cancel, pax no show, and I get the cancellation fee,
this week I accepted a request and went straight to the address, park in front of the address the pax provided and waited, 3 minutes went by and the pax cancel, I was pissed because I travel 5 minutes to the destination and now pax have canceled, as I move ahead to leave the place a couple with their luggage were standing 5 houses ahead of the original address, as I passed by they screamed "hey,hey uber" but at the same moment I get another ping and I went to the next pax, I checked my earnings and uber gave me the cancellation fee.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just watched that video from Uber Man, very interesting to see, thanks. I just had a pickup a little while ago, decent trip, again no surge though despite seeing "surge pricing" flashing on top of the screen. Embarrassing as hell though, the damn Navigation wasn't working, would hit Navigate and nothing would happen. Had to use On Star both ways and find an excuse to tell the passengers why Uber Navigation was down. Sigh. If anyone is heading down to AC tonight give me a holla, not expecting much cuz its been slow over there, but gonna head down anyway.. Met a cool cop there, first thing he said while parked, "you Uber, it's okay, just asking". I was like ummm, then I realized no passenger, app was off, but phone was on, and said "yeah". He was like, "lower the brightness of your screen, can see it a mile away reflecting off of you", which of course doesn't just mean Uber driver, but it does give the police a good enough reason to check in addition to someone sitting in the back. Cool cop, but I got the heck out of that spot though regardless...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would just cancel and collect the $5. Plus if you have 5 people in your car pretty sure you can write that up in the report too (not sure if uber pays you extra or what).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I just watched that video from Uber Man, very interesting to see, thanks. I just had a pickup a little while ago, decent trip, again no surge though despite seeing "surge pricing" flashing on top of the screen. Embarrassing as hell though, the damn Navigation wasn't working, would hit Navigate and nothing would happen. Had to use On Star both ways and find an excuse to tell the passengers why Uber Navigation was down. Sigh. If anyone is heading down to AC tonight give me a holla, not expecting much cuz its been slow over there, but gonna head down anyway.. Met a cool cop there, first thing he said while parked, "you Uber, it's okay, just asking". I was like ummm, then I realized no passenger, app was off, but phone was on, and said "yeah". He was like, "lower the brightness of your screen, can see it a mile away reflecting off of you", which of course doesn't just mean Uber driver, but it does give the police a good enough reason to check in addition to someone sitting in the back. Cool cop, but I got the heck out of that spot though regardless...
I had the navi problem twice, the first time I knew the destination but on the second one I just restarted the phone and everything worked fine after that.

·
Registered
971 Posts
One time in Hoboken I accept a surge price trip and on my way to the pax I just double check to se how much the surge was. Surprise the surge disappear and I am 100% sure that when I accept was surge. Since then I always double check even after I start the trip to make sure that the surge is there. Maybe was just a app error I don t know but since then never happen again

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I would just cancel and collect the $5. Plus if you have 5 people in your car pretty sure you can write that up in the report too (not sure if uber pays you extra or what).
Why the **** would you tell Uber that you drove illegally?

How many seatbelts you have in your car, that's what you can take. Period. End of sentence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've recently adopted a new PAX rating system. If I wait more than 5+ minutes, it is an automatic 3 rating, -1 if they have no destination, -2 if they get mad at me for getting lost because they change their destination or don't have an address (only a company name). Nothing worse than waiting on a busy street for a PAX that has no respect for your time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts