Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,960 Posts
If a pax actually made a huge stink about missing an exit with upfront fares in place, and didn't accept a simple apology. I'd ask him if he would like me to stop and he can request a new driver. I'd one star him the minute that the trip ended.

We aren't in this to take abuse for a simple error.
Lol I don't mind dropping pax on side of highway

I pick up them up again when they ping

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
Hey guys. What would you do after You accidently missed and exit on a highway and pax started complaining. I told him that I would call uber to adjust the fee. You suggestions? Thnx
In the old days when pax used to pay time and distance, that's what I would have done too. But with upfront fares, it doesn't matter. Pax will pay the same....and you will earn a little more for the longer distance. ;)

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
In the old days when pax used to pay time and distance, that's what I would have done too. But with upfront fares, it doesn't matter. Pax will pay the same....and you will earn a little more for the longer distance. ;)
Is it still upfront fair if you deviate from the suggested route?

I end the ride so that the pax doesn't get charged for my mistake and then call lyft or Uber and have them calculate what the fare would have been had I gone the right way.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Is it still upfront fair if you deviate from the suggested route?

I end the ride so that the pax doesn't get charged for my mistake and then call lyft or Uber and have them calculate what the fare would have been had I gone the right way.
Lol DO NOT end the ride early as if you are in an accident you will get SCREWED by both insurance companies.

I tell them..
Dont worry..
Uber charge upfront fees..
You will not be charged more..

If they getting mad..
Then adjust the fees..
1 star the pax..
Do you....
Talk like...
This too...
Rider might...
Think you....
Are a ....
Psycho....

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've done this before, sincerely apologized. Got them as quickly as possible to their destination. Who wouldn't be upset when you miss an exit when you have a phone with gps telling/showing you what to do. Still gave him his 5 stars. No worries if you get 1 bad rating, make sure all the rest of your rides are good. In my defense, Google maps didn't tell us to get off the highway. Just told us, we're here. But that's why I don't use Google maps anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts