Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So received my payout for last week and there is $3 Miscellaneous deduction. After contacting support come to find out this is for my $3 vehicle permit sticker. Now here's the rub:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I went and got my car inspected back on August 3rd. $42.
I then went to the downtown Dallas UBER office and got the vehicle permit with my inspection paperwork. No one ever said anything about any $3 fee.
Then I file for my background check and Dallas Driver Permit on August 4th $53 (30 for the permit and 23 for the background check). Received email confirming receipt of request on 08/12.
Got an email on 09/15 with my Dallas Drivers permit and i can print it out or just use it on my phone.
I still have to go spend MORE money to get the DFW permit that's needed....

Seriously when does this end?

Plus the $3 is just listed as Misc. Deduction which I'm pretty is not a valid receipt thing for me to claim as a business expense on taxes for reimbursement....

Frustrated and annoyed,

Ferrier13

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ok the $3 fee is the cost of the yellow sticker they have to pay that to the city.

Now why did you only take 1 trip that week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I only do this part time occasionally and I haven't been driving at all for weeks and got emails saying i needed to drive or get deactiviated... so I did a ride after work one day.. I'm going to start driving more again but i don't rely on this for a living i just do it when I'm bored want to make some extra cheese for beer / hookers / blow money.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Is the Dallas Love sticker different than the DFW sticker? I know you need a DFW sticker and a City of Dallas sticker - does Love only need the City sticker?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Is the Dallas Love sticker different than the DFW sticker? I know you need a DFW sticker and a City of Dallas sticker - does Love only need the City sticker?
Yes, that is correct. City of Dallas sticker covers Love Field. DFW sticker is for DFW airport only.

·
Banned
554 Posts
one ride netted you 19$ ?
man there are people here that would kill for that fare. some are stuck in $2 hell

good luck

fees are what they are .. get them out of the way and just accept it.. is what it is we cant do anything about it.
once you start driving more it will hurt less.

on that note ..

miles are far better for tax reasons then trying to expense that $3.

just saying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts