Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this article in the news today:

Sex offender with no license found driving kids to school http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/39497304-story

The guy has an old sex offense on his record and no drivers license and people apparently have been paying him to take their kids to school. Someone figured out what he was doing and reported it to the police. What I find most interesting in the article is this:

"So far the only charge against 57-year old Arnette Harrington is the driver's license issue."​

So NO problem with transporting unaccompanied minors OR transporting people for money. If he had a valid drivers license, the police wouldn't even care.

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Let's make this clear--This is not a Uber driver and he obviously did not under go any background checks before the day school hired him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a customer today, she send 5 kids, including a baby to a ride to McDonalds, I did not see any adult so I call her and she told me they were coming, so I started the trip and saw that they did not input any destination. When I realized that she was not coming and more kids keep showing up, I cancel the ride and told the kids I could not drive them without the adult that had requested the ride; the oldest call me b..., but the mother, I do not know how, keep calling to my cell even after one hour since I had cancelled the trip. She was requesting a refund and talk to my supervisor.. Somehow, Uber refunded the trip and my rate has drop from 4.81 to 4.17 ???

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
First of all you had every right to cancel. I'm also 100% sure that if the passenger didn't enter the vehicle then they can't rate you. I assume your XL given the ammount of passengers but yeah I don't see any way around them not crediting back the minimum fare ammount for XL. Passenger probably *****ed to support saying she didn't know the circumstances with kids that young, this is the first time we've done this you know. As long as your overall rating wasn't effected don't sweat it.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
On another note, I've had individuals who were under 18 on a few occasions. As long as there's no legal activity going on or anything out of the ordinary I do believe we can transport. I always believe "if you question a fare email support".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chisox,
I have an UberX, just 4 passengers allowed. Dad is Uber driver according to mom, and daughter do not have an account because she is a minor. Why do you send then to ride by herself? and a baby without car seat... She said " I did not do anything wrong"
I should had call the DCF.
My rating when from 4,81 to 4,18 and she has, I do not know how, my cell number. She called me one hour after I had cancel the trip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
She doesn't have your cell. She had the exchange number uber assigns to your phone. If she harasses you contact uber and they will assign you another one

·
Registered
12 Posts
I already did, I had sent then 4 emails today, they had only sent the generic email thanking for the advise.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
What was your over all rating before hand? How many trips have you taken total? 1 fare would not take that much effect and again if they don't enter the vehicle then the passenger nor the driver can't rate them. The fare that I canceled cause of the car seat issue earlier (canceled with out charging the passenger) did not give me the option to rate.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like you ended the ride instead of canceling it.

If she gave you 1 star and it dropped you that low your rating will come back up quickly once you get more rides under your belt.

I had someone 1 star me after like 20 rides which took me from 5.0 to 4.6. I'm up to about 200 trips now and am at 4.92.. So it won't take long for you to get back up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts