Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a ride today where when I arrived, an adult walked their kid, maybe 12 or so, to the truck and told me to take them to the food court entrance at the mall where she was meeting another adult..

I took the ride, but then 1stared them so I wouldn't get them again.

Is that reasonable? I am still new, (only 155 rides), so I am still trying to figure out dos and donts.

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
you account will be banned for driving minors with lyft. next time call lyft tell them why you drove off they will pay you the 5 dollars.
i called uber they told me i am allowed to drive minors in my area if i do not then i can cancel the ride with out hurting my record.
if you do not have a dash camera you need to pass on these rides this is a serious issue .

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
trouble is when you hit your 40s every girl or guy starts to look very young and the minors sometimes look older then they should.
I get that, I'm far older than 40. But I've never really thought that a call to a high school to pick up should not cause me pause.

Hell, as old as I am, **** Jagger looks like a kid! :)

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
I get that, I'm far older than 40. But I've never really thought that a call to a high school to pick up should not cause me pause.

Hell, as old as I am, **** Jagger looks like a kid! :)
the way i do it. if they look mature older then 18 most girls do ill drive them. 80 % of my pax are female. i am not a bar i am not asking for id from every pax .

·
Banned
3,995 Posts
i had a highschool pickup and when i arrived i asked her how old are you. dumb girl said she was 19 lol hahahah i'm like ya okay. your 19 and your in grade 12 umm okay there. waited out the timer and clicked no show. eventually we will get reasons to cancel a ride and this will be one of the reasons.

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
i had a highschool pickup and when i arrived i asked her how old are you. dumb girl said she was 19 lol hahahah i'm like ya okay. your 19 and your in grade 12 umm okay there. waited out the timer and clicked no show. eventually we will get reasons to cancel a ride and this will be one of the reasons.
some people graduate @ 19

·
Premium Member
23,155 Posts
I had a ride today where when I arrived, an adult walked their kid, maybe 12 or so, to the truck and told me to take them to the food court entrance at the mall where she was meeting another adult..

I took the ride, but then 1stared them so I wouldn't get them again.

Is that reasonable? I am still new, (only 155 rides), so I am still trying to figure out dos and donts.
Straight from Rohit's mouth. I'm sure Lyft's the same.

downloadfile-1.png

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Straight from Rohit's mouth. I'm sure Lyft's the same.

View attachment 282704
interesting. uber gave me bad information. according to what you have posted. i will call them tomorrow to get an update on this. the phone support told me i could pick up minors or cancel if i did not good about picking them up. ill update you tomorrow if its slow ill call.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
interesting. uber gave me bad information. according to what you have posted. i will call them tomorrow to get an update on this. the phone support told me i could pick up minors or cancel if i did not good about picking them up. ill update you tomorrow if its slow ill call.
Don't rely on phone support. They are probably in in different Country that has different laws. Google is your friend. www.google.com, Uber minors. Not difficult.

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Don't rely on phone support. They are probably in in different Country that has different laws. Google is your friend. www.google.com, Uber minors. Not difficult.
Can minors use Uber or Lyft?
No, not allowed by Uber or Lyft. ... You cannot call an Uber or Lyft for your teenagers under 18, as they are not allowed to ride unless they are accompanied by an adult.Sep 11, 2018

·
Registered
7 Posts
you account will be banned for driving minors with lyft. next time call lyft tell them why you drove off they will pay you the 5 dollars.
i called uber they told me i am allowed to drive minors in my area if i do not then i can cancel the ride with out hurting my record.
if you do not have a dash camera you need to pass on these rides this is a serious issue .
you can't call Lyft anymore they took their phone number off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts