Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Minnesota House voted 106-21 Monday night for a bill that bans people from using hand held phones while driving.
The law already bans motorists from emailing, texting and web browsing while driving. Rep. Frank Hornstein, DFL- Minneapolis, the chair of the House transportation committee, is among those who want hand-held cell phones added to the list.
"We know this bill saves lives. In the 16 other states and District of Columbia where this bill has been enacted there's been an average of a 16 percent drop in fatalities," Hornstein said.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
"Under Hornstein's bill, there would be exceptions for calls made in hands-free mode, for emergency situations and for the activation of one-touch functions on devices."

That would seem to cover accepting a ping. This is in keeping with the federal regulation that allows commercial truck drivers to accept a dispatch as long as it can be done with one touch.

"Rep. Eric Lucero, R-Dayton, said the bill discriminates against drivers who own older vehicles without hands-free technology.

"I think it's profoundly unfair that we're going to treat people that drive newer vehicles and can perhaps afford newer vehicles differently and with a greater privilege than those that drive lesser valued vehicles," he said."

This guy is an idiot. I have my phone attached to my dash with two pieces of velcro. What does the age of the vehicle have to do with it? The age of the phone, maybe, but not the age of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I guess by age of vehicle he's saying that older cars don't have Bluetooth.
My car doesn't have Bluetooth and I use my phone hands- free just fine. Rep. Lucero is either speaking from ignorance or just trying to create static where there shouldn't be any.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I really like this hands free. It is the 5th different one I have tried and have used it for over a year and recommend it. The best part is the quality the people on the phone I am talking to hear. They dont ask if I am in an elevator or driving etc.

Well, Uber was banking on this ... takes more than one touch to log off their @@@@ing app. :p
It still only takes one touch or NO touch to not accept a request! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts