Uber Drivers Forum banner
2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Just one more trip 
#1 ·
For all new riders out there : beware of this minimum pay guarantee scam. This is a total BS. Uber guarantees you a minimum pay per hour on some times. But this doesn't totally work as you expect. They say $20/hour for some period, $26/hour on another and this goes on from Friday to Sunday in nights.

Basically they are making your ass to drive in these nights me nothing else. These guarantees just doesn't work. Here's how it goes

Guaranteed $20 if you drive on Friday night 9 pm to 12 Am. Requirements to meet the minimum pay is to take 2 trips/hour with 80% acceptance rate.

If you meet the requirements you will make more than the minimum pay and that's for sure guys.
If you make over the minimum guarantee then you won't be paid with that guaranteed amount. You'll take only the money what you made.

Example : you took two trips and if you made $15 in that hour. You'll get $5 extra. If you made $21 you get nothing. And all the rides that you take on these nights won't be a $4 or $6 rides. You'll make way more than $20 on these hours.

Just be safe out there driving in these nights. It's not as same as you drive during day time. You meet a lot of crazy people during nights.

See less See more
#2 ·
beware of this minimum pay guarantee scam
I got paid my hourly, so this worked for me, so it wasn't a scam... I was pissed about this, at first. I totally forgot about Uber Hourly guarantee. So Lyft was slow, so I turned on Uber and got an UberPool request. So I did it o_O don't know way because I hate UberPool. This took 1 hour to complete because I picked up 4 people. (On a funny note,:D I picked up a couple of girls going to a costume party, they were dress very hot ;) but left stripper dust on my seats, I had to explain to the wife, I didn't go to the strip club:confused::confused::confused: that night I did drive :cool:) So at the end of the fare I saw what I was paid. $18.06 I wasn't too happen about it. But, I switch back too Lyft and got back to work.
I saw what I made for the week from 6 fares (4 being UberPool) $31.23, Again I don't work Uber that much. To my surprise when I got my weekly pay out it was $54.84 o_Oo_Oo_O I was like what the heck... For that 1 hour UberPool I did I got the min. of $40/hr :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Man I would have work UberPool all night for that... My statement is below...

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

#6 ·
I got paid my hourly, so this worked for me, so it wasn't a scam... I was pissed about this, at first. I totally forgot about Uber Hourly guarantee. So Lyft was slow, so I turned on Uber and got an UberPool request. So I did it o_O don't know way because I hate UberPool. This took 1 hour to complete because I picked up 4 people. (On a funny note,:D I picked up a couple of girls going to a costume party, they were dress very hot ;) but left stripper dust on my seats, I had to explain to the wife, I didn't go to the strip club:confused::confused::confused: that night I did drive :cool:) So at the end of the fare I saw what I was paid. $18.06 I wasn't too happen about it. But, I switch back too Lyft and got back to work.
I saw what I made for the week from 6 fares (4 being UberPool) $31.23, Again I don't work Uber that much. To my surprise when I got my weekly pay out it was $54.84 o_Oo_Oo_O I was like what the heck... For that 1 hour UberPool I did I got the min. of $40/hr :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Man I would have work UberPool all night for that... My statement is below...

View attachment 56998
LMAO@ stripper dust...that's PRICELESS. Thank you for that.

#3 ·
It's not totally a scam. You just need to learn how to work it.

Anyways, since your in Houston, here is my advice, go to montrose/midtown area. Most of those rides are min. fare rides, and you will be able to hit those amount of rides i.e. 2 rides/hr. Once you hit those 2, move away from the busy streets into a neighborhood. Find a spot that you never get pinged because there are Uber's on every corner. (since it is based on the closest rider/drive), being in a neighborhood betters your chances. Think of the other Uber drivers cruising the busy streets as your shield. Wait for that hour to be done, and go back to the busy streets.

It's a lot like blackjack. If you get close to the guarantee of $21/hr (since blackjack is 21) and lets say your at $15 dollars in fares, and say hit me (ping) and get a $6.05 ride, your done, your not getting any "extra money".

Also, be advised that $26/hr is based on FARES (what riders pay including tax) not your payout.

But yes, they do pay you what your due.

#8 ·

View attachment 56998
Your trips/pay etc means nothing here since this is the HOUSTON forum. We don't even have Lyft here. So your numbers are meaningless. They only are useful in your market.

#9 ·
Your trips/pay etc means nothing here since this is the HOUSTON forum. We don't even have Lyft here. So your numbers are meaningless. They only are useful in your market.
Every market is different, I understand that. I have to driver 20 miles just to do Lyft and Uber for some good money. The city I live in Worcester is at $0.90 a mile with Uber and no Lyft. I don't even drive in my city unless there is a x2 surge. My numbers aren't meaningless. It was to answer the questions about the min being a scam. I was just showing that they are not.

#13 ·
Maybe not in your market. Here is not there, and I would not begin to presume to speak authoritatively about the Boston market on their city forum.

#11 ·
you can just drive on any one day for the guarantee. as i replied to your post, if you fulfill the requirement and made below the guaranteed price, you'll get the bonus.

Regarding driving on Saturday night : if you're okay with drunk, BS talks, Alcohol spills, open container passengers, then you can drive. I'm not saying that all the customers are like this on these nights, you can drive till 10 where you pick and drop people to their party places, but you'll see these craziness a lot after 11 and 12.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.