Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing minimum fare trips is similar to taking those $2.5 food delivery order on doordash and ubereats with no tips. If you wouldn't delivery food for no tip, why would you want to drive for minimum fare?

I did 5 short rides in a row and made a little over 12 bananas with no tips for that hour. Wouldn't delivering food be more lucrative?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While it's not always the case, It's quite often for me to be busy with food deliveries that comes with a 4 or 5 dollar tip. For an $8 fare trip on uber, I would have to drive at least 7 miles and it will be a 20 minute job. Whereas the delivery order is within a 3 miles

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Bro your market is 3 or 4 times smaller than PHX. I thiught we sucked here for tips Tuxson is worse. I drove there twice, did not go well. Only way too make money there is thru a quest.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No two markets are alike in most cases. You might get better replies in the Arizona forum.

I rarely get minimum fare trips however, because I position my car appropriately.
I'm in a college town, what kind of positioning works here? Drive to the suburbs and use destination filter for airport runs early in the mornin?

Bro your market is 3 or 4 times smaller than PHX. I thiught we sucked here for tips Tuxson is worse. I drove there twice, did not go well. Only way too make money there is thru a quest.
Yea it sucks pretty bad out here, I'm thinking of moving to phx to make the big bucks.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I don’t mind the short trips since they get me faster to completing the promotions and it’s even better when there’s surge. It’s a lot quicker to complete short trips compared to short deliveries. I didn’t enjoy delivery because the food wasn’t always ready by the time I got to the restaurant and sometimes it was a hassle finding someone’s exact address as opposed to pax walking to my vehicle. Between waiting for food and finding a difficult address for one delivery, I could have done 2-3 short uberx rides.

As for tipping, I do my best increase my chances of earning tips. That way even if a few passengers don’t tip, there are enough who did so it’s not a huge loss.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Doing minimum fare trips is similar to taking those $2.5 food delivery order on doordash and ubereats with no tips. If you wouldn't delivery food for no tip, why would you want to drive for minimum fare?
As bad as a $2.50 payout is for rideshare, it's worse for a delivery because deliveries are more time-consuming and require more physical work on the part of the driver.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts

I did 5 short rides in a row and made a little over 12 bananas with no tips for that hour. Wouldn't delivering food be more lucrative?
Not in my market

Uber Eats with no tip: as low as $2
Uber ride minimum fare: $4.42

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As bad as a $2.50 payout is for rideshare, it's worse for a delivery because deliveries are more time-consuming and require more physical work on the part of the driver.
Not in my market

Uber Eats with no tip: as low as $2
Uber ride minimum fare: $4.42
what if you can do 3 deliveries per hour? that is $24/hour with tips

·
Premium Member
2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
866 Posts
Only take minimum trips if you're trying to get a large quest bonus. And by large I mean $4 or more PER RIDE. So 50 trips for 200, or better.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
It doesn't make sense to drive Grfyt or Fuber in Tucson without bonuses + streaks, etc., because SO many rides are the $2.25 "minimum fare"....

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Boy....I dont know...those generous "earn points" offerings sure are enticing....
Yeah I can hardly contain my excitement. I received those 2 Streak offers and one for 3/$12 tomorrow starting @ 5pm. That's all I was offered this week starting from Monday Jan.. 10. Period. The good news is I can cherrypick from now on because I'm Platinum with almost 2,000 points anyway. Forfeiting a Streak won't hurt me. Cherrypicking helps my acceptance rate too.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I
Yeah I can hardly contain my excitement. I received those 2 Streak offers and one for 3/$12 tomorrow starting @ 5pm. That's all I was offered this week starting from Monday Jan.. 10. Period. The good news is I can cherrypick from now on because I'm Platinum with almost 2,000 points anyway. Forfeiting a Streak won't hurt me. Cherrypicking helps my acceptance rate too.
I log on Grfyt mainly for DF these days....because I have not use for their "extra points" and streaks have all but dried up...

·
Premium Member
7,559 Posts
For me, positioning means staying out of the downtown core, and the adjacent inner city apartment zone. It's $3-5 per trip down there max with all the hazards of buses, pedestrians, other Ubers, construction, traffic cameras, etc, etc.

I hang out on the very edge of a 50 km square city, with 1.4MM peeps, as far away from the airport as I can, in an area with really bad public transit, and in one of the wealthiest quadrants.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For me, positioning means staying out of the downtown core, and the adjacent inner city apartment zone.

I hang out on the very edge of a 50 km square city, with 1.4MM peeps, as far away from the airport as I can, in an area with really bad public transit, and in one of the wealthiest quadrants.
so you are in a big city. tucson only has 500k people within the city limits and around 1m when you include the surrounding suburbs. most of the people living here are retirees, rich people with winter homes, students and minimum wage workers. when the students are gone, it's a ghost town, most other people all have their own means of transportation of they are at least middle class or above. this is truly a garbage place to be

Reactions: ANT 7
1 - 20 of 23 Posts