Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy chit, I thought I was the only ____ driving for Uber on a brand new Pathfinder until I saw another gentleman driving one last night coming out of Midtown tunnel.
2017 Pathfinder Platinum white color with a blue vision zero sticker on rear bumper. Are you a member of this forum?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen a few pathfinders with TLC plates in different colors. Maybe one of them was you.
What color is yours?
White, seen a lot also but none in white and 2017
Mine has a custom plate so it should be pretty easy to spot me lol

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn even with your car payments each month it's still probably more expensive renting a vehicle
Well, I needed a car for personal use after ridding both of my private cars and Pathfinder was a good choice for me, although I sort of regret not getting the QX60
Unfortunately, Infiniti did not want to wave the last 5 payments on my lease.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
You have a good taste in cars. Can I assume that the other cars are leased.
Too bad that we can't lease a car for doing black/suv. You can lease for personal or commercial use with higher mileage limits, but not for hire. That sucks.
You can get a commercial lease and drive coworkers and boxes, but not cheap as uber customers.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What'd you do with your private cars, just let the lease lapse without renewing?

Btw, I'll say hi if/when i see you around.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a good taste in cars. Can I assume that the other cars are leased.
Too bad that we can't lease a car for doing black/suv. You can lease for personal or commercial use with higher mileage limits, but not for hire. That sucks.
You can get a commercial lease and drive coworkers and boxes, but not cheap as uber customers.
They were both leased and now gone. I think the most miles you can get on a lease program is 25K a year but that would only be enough for 6 months of ubering

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What'd you do with your private cars, just let the lease lapse without renewing?

Btw, I'll say hi if/when i see you around.
I returned them both. Traded the Q50 for the Pathfinder and Nissan paid for the remaining 5 months. I was sort of stuck with Nissan because of the remaining lease, otherwise I would have gotten a Camry hybrid

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I'm thinking about buying an used Camry and convert this pathfinder to regular DMV plates. It makes me sick everytime I hear "Oh what a nice car" from these cheap passengers and I've been getting a lot of that. It's like, they are telling me how little they can pay for a ride on a super nice fuberX car

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as if things couldn't get any worse...time to go to my dentist to pull a bad tooth out.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
They were both leased and now gone. I think the most miles you can get on a lease program is 25K a year but that would only be enough for 6 months of ubering
25k miles is enough if you are doing black and suv only. If you also do X, then it is not enough.
Black and suv drivers are making more or less the same as we are, but they drive substantially less.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
25k miles is enough if you are doing black and suv only. If you also do X, then it is not enough.
Black and suv drivers are making more or less the same as we are, but they drive substantially less.
May I add "and spend a lot of time posting here"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts