Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got three ride requests yesterday near bad neighborhoods that I accepted, on the way to pick up I get a message that says " I'm blind can you park and come in and get me". My instinct said no so I cancelled. Then a few hours later I get another text after accepting that says " I'm blind and am waiting in the alley behind the residence" now I'm thinking I have only picked up one blind person in 4 plus years of driving, now I get two in one day. And low and behold it's midnight and another says " I'm disabled and need you to help me from the house to the car, I cancelled by hitting not safe to pick up. All the way home my mind is running scenarios like me getting out to help someone and then I'm hit on the head or carjacking or robbed or a host of other misfortunes. I was in Chicago so you need to keep your thoughts on the game and your head on a swivel. Just a really weird day, just hope it's not a new way to lure drivers to a crime scene, and I wasn't willing to find out. Stay safe and think before picking peeps up.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan
393 Posts
I got "Im disabled. Need you to get me from around back." And noped the **** out of there. Middle of the night, dark alley, out of sight from the rest of the world, what could go wrong. This was in KC, so not a city specific concept.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
P
I got three ride requests yesterday near bad neighborhoods that I accepted, on the way to pick up I get a message that says " I'm blind can you park and come in and get me". My instinct said no so I cancelled. Then a few hours later I get another text after accepting that says " I'm blind and am waiting in the alley behind the residence" now I'm thinking I have only picked up one blind person in 4 plus years of driving, now I get two in one day. And low and behold it's midnight and another says " I'm disabled and need you to help me from the house to the car, I cancelled by hitting not safe to pick up. All the way home my mind is running scenarios like me getting out to help someone and then I'm hit on the head or carjacking or robbed or a host of other misfortunes. I was in Chicago so you need to keep your thoughts on the game and your head on a swivel. Just a really weird day, just hope it's not a new way to lure drivers to a crime scene, and I wasn't willing to find out. Stay safe and think before picking peeps up.
What part of Chicago? So next ant can be aware

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,973 Posts
Have to be careful out there. Trust your instincts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts