Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
The cheaper the fares, the more it's going to draw out the bottom of the barrel pax.
The other day was the first time, I told (3 PAX slightly drunk women, about 22-25 yo), when they asked for a charging chord, that I don't supply them anymore. I like it when they asked, why? I told them that PAX's really don't appreciate the amenity! :) I ought to get a few, and offer to sell them one... that will show me how bad they really want it. Actually I HATE it when PAX gets in my car, and uses their phone for BS. Business is different. Why do people treat cell phones like an appendage? Next time they ask, I'll hand them a charging cord, I carry a 9" (yes 9 inch) charger cord for charging my speaker phone, no blue tooth in my car. :) :) :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
This is why self driving cars and Uber won't work. The customer wants to interact with someone and or trash their vehicle. It is human nature to want to put others down and trash their property (not all people are like this). It gives petty people who have no control of their lives (perceived or otherwise) a sense of empowerment. What fun would it be to mess with or belittle a self driving car? None. What type of emotional response are you going to get when you leave your empty beer can, tissues, wrappers, tampons, vomit, urine, etc. in a corporate port-o-potty on wheels? Zero.

Why is Uber more popular than a Taxi? Other than the obvious cost, the psycho control freaks can leverage your rating or stars against you when they misbehave or say rude things. To some, it is a game they play to see how far they can push you. They like taking advantage of drivers or the new unexperienced driver for that matter. Why do you think you get a back stab lousy rating when you do everything well, good or great? Power or control over you, that is why. You see, a cabby has more discretion when it comes with putting up with customer B.S. compared to the highly biased or slanted Uber star rating system. And many of them (the smart ones) have video cameras, if not audio recording going in their vehicle to defend themselves when the general public misbehaves in their ride.

Uber on!

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts