Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least the last 3 drivers I've had.

Had to go to LA last month. Used uber to go to the airport The app said driver arriving in a Mercedes C230. Nope, it was a old Nissan Sentra with dirty windows and stained cloth seats. And he didn't have the A/C on. It's July, in Miami. Really? He ended the ride early and asked me to rate him 5 stars.

Went to Vegas last Friday. The guy picks me up, nice car. But, didn't speak a word of English. Yeah, I know we're in Miami. Had to look at the GPS the whole way.... To the airport...MIA

Came back from Vegas on Monday. Driver picks me up and again, doesn't know a word of English. Again, I know I'm in Miami. He has the front passenger seat all the way to the back. I had absolutely no legroom in the back seat. Also, he's blaring his reggaeton. I hate reggaeton. And did I mention he was blasting his reggaeton? Had to stare at the GPS the whole way also. And he still almost missed my exit, only reason he didn't miss it is because I told him "here!" Kendall drive! Only one of the major exits here.

Oh well, you get what you pay for, and we're paying pennies for rides. It is what it is.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sounds like you beat my average of 40% of the cars having the check engine light on.

What exactly are your expectations for an under $1/mile amateur livery service in an area with a majority non-english speaking population run by a company with nearly no standards and focused solely on increasing driver #s? (Run on sentence absolutely intentional). Of course quality is going to shit.

Try stepping up your service level. Select is still cheaper than a cab.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
What the inexperienced drivers have in common is they don't know what it costs per mile to operate their car (apologies if you've heard me on this before). This requires an educated guess at how many total miles (private & Uber) driven to annualize all costs to compare with what you earn with Uber.

·
Registered
475 Posts

Had to go to LA last month. Used uber to go to the airport The app said driver arriving in a Mercedes C230. Nope, it was a old Nissan Sentra with dirty windows and stained cloth seats. And he didn't have the A/C on. It's July, in Miami. Really? He ended the ride early and asked me to rate him 5 stars.

Went to Vegas last Friday. The guy picks me up, nice car. But, didn't speak a word of English. Yeah, I know we're in Miami. Had to look at the GPS the whole way.... To the airport...MIA

Came back from Vegas on Monday. Driver picks me up and again, doesn't know a word of English. Again, I know I'm in Miami. He has the front passenger seat all the way to the back. I had absolutely no legroom in the back seat. Also, he's blaring his reggaeton. I hate reggaeton. And did I mention he was blasting his reggaeton? Had to stare at the GPS the whole way also. And he still almost missed my exit, only reason he didn't miss it is because I told him "here!" Kendall drive! Only one of the major exits here.

Oh well, you get what you pay for, and we're paying pennies for rides. It is what it is.
Did you Uber in LA? Did you see any hint or turn your app on for Uber in LV? And Sir Miller???? What Chris Dee said, why are you talking X? Select is approximately half the price of a cab? I'm glad X is that bad for you, in a way. X should not be that cheap. And yes you got what you Paid for, sorry dear.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you Uber in LA? Did you see any hint or turn your app on for Uber in LV? And Sir Miller???? What Chris Dee said, why are you talking X? Select is approximately half the price of a cab? I'm glad X is that bad for you, in a way. X should not be that cheap. And yes you got what you Paid for, sorry dear.
I did not use uber in LA. I did turn on the app in Vegas. No uber there. I did take a cab from the airport to the mirage. I will seriously consider taking xl or select for my next ride. And yes, I got what I paid for. ;)

·
Registered
602 Posts

Uber admitted they are having a driver retention problem, in a recent news release. A lot of the experienced drivers have left due to Ubers excessively unfair policies and sub human treatment of its drivers. The problem with the new wave of drivers is; You can't make chicken salad out of chickenshit! Hope that helps you understand the problem and more
Important WHY.

·
Registered
70 Posts

This is no place for your complaints...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts