Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple stickers on some yellow cabs regarding a taxi app, but when I search for both iOS & Android, I can only find old apps with very few downloads.

Then the other night, I pulled up to [wouldn't you like to know] and the passenger that got in had jumped in the wrong Uber (totally normal and no big deal). Wierd thing is - I also happened to be the only Uber outside in a sea of yellow cabs. No, I don't drive a yellow vehicle or anything that could be confused for one. In fact it's completely the opposite. What made it even more strange was that their phone showed the driver had already arrived and was sitting out front. Wtf? My fare walked up a monent after and I never got to find out wtf happened.

Anybody else had this happen?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yep, usually happens when the Uber driver confirms the arrival when they're still a couple of blocks away to make sure that if the Pax isn't curbside waiting, they'll cancel No Show and get paid the cancellation fee. Or the Pax dropped the pin when they were inside the building and their Uber car drove to the other side of the block

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
I've seen a couple stickers on some yellow cabs regarding a taxi app, but when I search for both iOS & Android, I can only find old apps with very few downloads.

Then the other night, I pulled up to [wouldn't you like to know] and the passenger that got in had jumped in the wrong Uber (totally normal and no big deal). Wierd thing is - I also happened to be the only Uber outside in a sea of yellow cabs. No, I don't drive a yellow vehicle or anything that could be confused for one. In fact it's completely the opposite. What made it even more strange was that their phone showed the driver had already arrived and was sitting out front. Wtf? My fare walked up a monent after and I never got to find out wtf happened.

ZabCab & Way2Ride are popular taxi ehailing apps in Miami. Way2Ride has prepayment capability via Verafone, ZabCab is cash or charge. Both available for Android or Apple.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZabCab & Way2Ride are popular taxi ehailing apps in Miami. Way2Ride has prepayment capability via Verafone, ZabCab is cash or charge. Both available for Android or Apple.
That's it - Way2Ride was the stickers I saw and couldn't remember, thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, usually happens when the Uber driver confirms the arrival when they're still a couple of blocks away to make sure that if the Pax isn't curbside waiting, they'll cancel No Show and get paid the cancellation fee. Or the Pax dropped the pin when they were inside the building and their Uber car drove to the other side of the block
Manotas, for a new guy - you're on the ball bro! Sounds like you're doing well - I'm glad to hear . You're probably right about the other driver having no clue which side of the block the place was at, lol. That's the best news I've heard all day. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Some taxi drivers also drive uber. I've seen cab drivers standing outside their car with the Uber driver app running. Also had a rider who said an Uber driver once tried picking him up in a cab.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some taxi drivers also drive uber. I've seen cab drivers standing outside their car with the Uber driver app running. Also had a rider who said an Uber driver once tried picking him up in a cab.
That's *precisely* what I was thinking

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
Grounds for immediate deactivation from Uber and suspension of Chauffer's Registration.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Now you got cab drivers negotiation w/ Pax to take them for a cheaper fare. Picked up a Pax @ FLL this weekend, she told me a cab driver asked her if she was waiting for Uber, when she said yes, he tried negotiating with her to take her for a cheaper.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now you got cab drivers negotiation w/ Pax to take them for a cheaper fare. Picked up a Pax @ FLL this weekend, she told me a cab driver asked her if she was waiting for Uber, when she said yes, he tried negotiating with her to take her for a cheaper.
That sounds very similar to some of the incidents that I too have been told by passengers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts