Uber Drivers Forum banner

Can you do it?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to do the same what drivers from NY did. Stop doing UBER for 2 days, no login, no rides, also if you see the surge price higher than never don't do it. We are working for nothing, UBERPOOL SUC... is a FU.... SH.... 20% is a FU.... SH..... the time and price per mile is a FU..... SH..... Uber is trying to beat also the public transportation prices, in an UBERPOOl someone from Miami, Coral Gables area can go to AVENTURA for $7.24 WTF is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you take a regular Cab for a 20 miles trip the price is around $70 with UBER you make less than $20!!!!!!!!!!! is like 30% compared to a regular CAB!! and when they take out their 20% and you deduct the gas used, COME ONNNN GUYSSSS we are making NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are destroying our FU.... cars, selling to UBER the MILES of our cars for nothing. We are exchanging miles for centvs, making less than $5 per hour. The only way to pressure this MF is stopping from doing UBER, we want more per mile, we want more per time, there are no SURGE PRICE any more because UBER has 20 000 drivers in MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!! that's why they don't want the fingerprint process, to put on the wheel any fool who apply within 2 weeks. LET'S MAKE THE CHANGE!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm down. If we stick together and appoint someone to be in charge, I believe we can do it. But of course, this thread will soon be full of comments like: "go ahead and do it then", "good luck", "speak for yourself", "own it".. Blah blah blah.

This isn't a "own it" type of situation. We would need some unity amongst drivers. Also, I don't even think we would need to blackout for 2 whole days. If we all (or at least a good majority of us) just didn't log on for a few "peak times", they would feel it and would have to do something.

Uber doesn't even need to increase fares for pax's. They could take a smaller commission for themselves and everyone (drivers, pax) would be happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ziliano, NY Uber drivers did the blackout for 2 days and I am sure Uber felt in their veins. Uber need to understand that without the drivers they are nothing. Right now this is my full time job, and sometimes I don't want to do it because I know that I will spent 10 hours driving to make $60 after gas, water, cafe, snack, and save the 10% for the future maintenance. This problem will not be solved by dialogue with them initially, and the solution is not reduce the % they take from the money you make. The solution is to increase the cost per mile and time. Open the eyes and lets do something, I don't care who will represent the Uber drivers, I just want to fight for our rights.

·
Registered
130 Posts
JurekOMG, I wasn't claiming to have "The Solution". What I'm saying is that I agree with you. I was simply throwing out a suggestion that might possibly work for everybody (Uber can survive with less commission). Of course, it would be awesome to have them raise the per mile rate to something above $1.

I don't care who represents the drivers either.. But what I do know is that a strike/boycott/blackout won't happen by itself. We all need to be on the same page. While we're at it, I think we should hit Lyft at the same time. That way pax's will have to rely on good ol south Florida public transit or the dreaded Taxis. After a few days of dealing with public transit and cabs.. I suspect south Florida passengers will be begging to pay $1.50+ per mile and tip us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ziliano, I understand your point, I was not criticizing what you said, I just want to say that stopping only in Peak Times it will not result in something like what we want, of course, if we do something, Lyft will be included in this. I going to make time and I going to prepare a Facebook page to have a starting point. I live in Miami, would be good if we can meet one day, a group, get together and discuss how we could put together a great quantity of Uber drivers and promote the strike, is the only way and I am IN! I am currently studying and have all the time in the world.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm near the Miami Gardens/ Miramar/ Miami Lakes / Pines area. I'm down to meetup anytime. Let me know if you need help with the FB stuff, etc.. Let's use technology to our advantage and make it work for us.

Either Uber/Lyft treats us with respect (put some respek on my name Travis!) or we the people give them the boot from Dade/Broward.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm all in. I used to be a Union Organizer but the problem here is every driver is his own boss and we have no way of contacting them all. Without every driver striking you will not make a dent in Ubers pocket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deathmate that's why I am proposing to create a Facebook page and other use other social media making a call to all Uber drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
We need to do the same what drivers from NY did. Stop doing UBER for 2 days, no login, no rides, also if you see the surge price higher than never don't do it. We are working for nothing, UBERPOOL SUC... is a FU.... SH.... 20% is a FU.... SH..... the time and price per mile is a FU..... SH..... Uber is trying to beat also the public transportation prices, in an UBERPOOl someone from Miami, Coral Gables area can go to AVENTURA for $7.24 WTF is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you take a regular Cab for a 20 miles trip the price is around $70 with UBER you make less than $20!!!!!!!!!!! is like 30% compared to a regular CAB!! and when they take out their 20% and you deduct the gas used, COME ONNNN GUYSSSS we are making NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are destroying our FU.... cars, selling to UBER the MILES of our cars for nothing. We are exchanging miles for centvs, making less than $5 per hour. The only way to pressure this MF is stopping from doing UBER, we want more per mile, we want more per time, there are no SURGE PRICE any more because UBER has 20 000 drivers in MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!! that's why they don't want the fingerprint process, to put on the wheel any fool who apply within 2 weeks. LET'S MAKE THE CHANGE!
Here we go again. Always plenty more waitlisted to replace anyone doesn't do it (forgive me) Bully's way :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Really? They're actually waitlisting drivers? I opened the Uber rider's app last night, and in Boca it looked like you just turned on the light in a ghetto kitchen. The UberX cars looked like roaches all over the place, going in all directions, and climbing all over each other. That's all I needed to see to understand why I'm not getting nearly as many ride requests as I used to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
And uber is doing very little to create demad.
Just an idea: We should try to create our own demand!

We could create flyers advertising "Uber parties" and such and distribute them all across South Florida.

"Don't have enough parking space at your apartment complex/townhome/etc..? That's ok, throw an Uber Party! If you're a first time rider, use promo code XXXXXX for a free ride!"

Or

"Tired of looking for parking at the mall? Just take an Uber....."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please try to add something constructive. No need for comments like: "that won't work", "I'm not gonna advertise for Uber!", "you do it", and so on. The point is to make an attempt at creating a better situation for ourselves as drivers.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts