Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bud Light gate was always the best spot for me to meet pax after a game until last night. After last night's game State Police were not letting any cars stand on the road next to the Bud Light gate. Not giving tickets but flashing lights and telling everyone to go away..."This is not the designated pickup area." First time I've ever seen cops at that spot.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Its EID Muslim holiday, Pope visit, etc. so those cops are for legit security reasons. Christi did declare a state of emergency and state police are max deployed.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Took me 40 minutes yesterday to get my passengers. What a complete waste of time. Had to pick them up by the training center, they must have walked 2 miles to get me. Way too confusing as to where pickups should be and where the passengers are.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I think in terms of Hoboken. I can do 6 or so PATH drops in 1 hour. Within that time frame, at least 1 person is going to be traveling outside of Hoboken. So if it takes you a lot of time to accomplish that task its a waste of time. Last year, I tried to do those stadium runs and it ended up a complete waste of time. The mass crowd trying to find me. When they did find me, one of them ended up leaving their cell phone in the car and it took an additional 30 minutes to get it back to them. So I avoid that stadium.

I would say if you cant find anywhere to Uber head to Hoboken and stay there for 12 hours. You would make at least $200-300 NET simply keeping it going in Hoboken for 12 hours.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Try to get to the road between the stadium and racetrack. You can get there from the Rt 120 Southbound entrance or by taking the bridge from the Izod Center.
The problem that I ran into yesterday was that I tried to get between racetrack and stadium, however they were turning everyone around forcing you to go by the arena then back over 120 to come in from that direction to get into either lots D or E, which you have no idea how to get into those lots as the parking security were not very pleasant and un-accommodating.

I think in terms of Hoboken. I can do 6 or so PATH drops in 1 hour.
I just hate Hoboken for driving :) I don't know how you do it, but it's just lousy with all the people crossing, the one way streets that drive you nuts, and the fact that some of these passengers just expect you to know where you are going. I mean don't get me wrong, when he says 12th and Washington coming from around the Path then I can figure it out with no problem. The biggest issue yesterday was the street festival on Washington that closed half of it down. That was maddening and I got stuck on Sinatra Blvd for 25 minutes, oops, mistake there. You can keep Hoboken lol.

·
Banned
821 Posts
At first, I got mad at all the nonsense, but I developed a thick skin over time. I got angry at the drunks, angry at the pedestrians, and just angry. After a while it just bounces off me. It doesnt matter to me anymore. I just need to make $$$.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suggest you stay offline until you find a spot where you can park and wait for the pax. The closer the better. Then go online, get your ping and call the pax. If he is not willing to walk to you or has no clue where you are, cancel and wait for another ping, repeat until you get a pax who knows the stadium and is willing to walk to you. Keep it professional and just say I'm sorry but the parking attendents or police won't let you get any closer Then hit the cancel button and try again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I suggest you stay offline until you find a spot where you can park and wait for the pax. The closer the better. Then go online, get your ping and call the pax. If he is not willing to walk to you or has no clue where you are, cancel and wait for another ping, repeat until you get a pax who knows the stadium and is willing to walk to you. Keep it professional and just say I'm sorry but the parking attendents or police won't let you get any closer Then hit the cancel button and try again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's what I did ...if they weren't willing to walk or wait then I would just let them know that they had those two options and if they didn't want any of them ....that they could simply cancel...got two pretty decent rides out both with surges....

·
Registered
624 Posts
Verizon Gate Under the bridge is what I keep hearing Ubers make pickup and dropoff I tried my 1st go around took me over 30 mins to get there @ a soccer event and Yea that is where parking and security tell you to go between Lots D & E. I was personally at the game on thursday and noticed on the left hand side of the road for Tailgaters by Lot E there are some portable Urinals that can be used as a PICKUP point before You go under the bridge where other PAX are waiting for taxi/ubers.
Notice the Orange star on this map http://www.metlifestadium.com/docs/default-source/stadium-map/2015-nyg-parking-site-map.pdf?sfvrsn=2

·
Registered
90 Posts
Verizon Gate Under the bridge is what I keep hearing Ubers make pickup and dropoff I tried my 1st go around took me over 30 mins to get there @ a soccer event and Yea that is where parking and security tell you to go between Lots D & E. I was personally at the game on thursday and noticed on the left hand side of the road for Tailgaters by Lot E there are some portable Urinals that can be used as a PICKUP point before You go under the bridge where other PAX are waiting for taxi/ubers.
Notice the Orange star on this map http://www.metlifestadium.com/docs/default-source/stadium-map/2015-nyg-parking-site-map.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Thanks for the map!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think in terms of Hoboken. I can do 6 or so PATH drops in 1 hour. Within that time frame, at least 1 person is going to be traveling outside of Hoboken. So if it takes you a lot of time to accomplish that task its a waste of time. Last year, I tried to do those stadium runs and it ended up a complete waste of time. The mass crowd trying to find me. When they did find me, one of them ended up leaving their cell phone in the car and it took an additional 30 minutes to get it back to them. So I avoid that stadium.

I would say if you cant find anywhere to Uber head to Hoboken and stay there for 12 hours. You would make at least $200-300 NET simply keeping it going in Hoboken for 12 hours.
I'll see you on Friday night then :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts