Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Short trips to friends backyards with coolers and boxes of bear..no tips..bad time for bars as everybody will be by the pool or in front of a grill.Talked with a bartender and explained that this and the 4th of July weekend is a joke for them ..You better make your money before weekend !

Very slow morning in the burbs as a lot of people are going out of town early

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This will be my 4th Memorial Day weekend-----I'll drive Fri/Sat night late shifts but not Sun/Mon. Don't expect much----as other poster said, lots of short rides shuttling folks to and from bbq's. You'll be hauling coolers, cases of beer and vomiters.

The lakefront will be busy with folks going to the beaches. Pain in the ass because riders refuse to cross over to the west of LSD. They expect you to pick them up right next to the LSD on/off ramps. You'll eat that ticket. Besides do you want sweaty folks covered in suntan lotion, carrying sandy towels and crap into your car? I never, ever pick up beach rides.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Hey, BJ, peaking in for YOUR ADvice. And yup.

Go to a BBQ---plenty of ants just need a few dollars to fill their tank. This one and 4th of July. Ant notions, ant nation.
If you must work apart from the Ross guidance?
Park. stay hydrated. Learn spots with trees and awnings,
Damn Skippy I gotta drive (some)---
Ad, Said before--you like the song? I like the remix:)

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
This will be my 4th Memorial Day weekend-----The lakefront will be busy with folks going to the beaches.
if you are going to work...

Good lord people, listen to Blackjack---avoid the beaches. Especially North Av. and Montrose/Doggie Beach. this weekend 85+ degrees. Recreation Dr/LSD ramps will be a mess!

Not worth it. Even with surge. And if the beaches are surging and you're west of halsted/clark, you might catch some residual surge anyway.

PS, basic lake safety, tell young kids never to jump into the lake this time of year. Water is still ice cold even if the air temp is 90. Dive in, you might cramp up cuz of the cold and drown. It happens every year. seriously

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
This will be my 4th Memorial Day weekend-----I'll drive Fri/Sat night late shifts but not Sun/Mon. Don't expect much----as other poster said, lots of short rides shuttling folks to and from bbq's. You'll be hauling coolers, cases of beer and vomiters.

The lakefront will be busy with folks going to the beaches. Pain in the ass because riders refuse to cross over to the west of LSD. They expect you to pick them up right next to the LSD on/off ramps. You'll eat that ticket. Besides do you want sweaty folks covered in suntan lotion, carrying sandy towels and crap into your car? I never, ever pick up beach rides.
Uber Pool Express and Lyft Shuttle between the beaches. Now that's the ticket! ;);)

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
honor past and present American heroes.
300,000+ Union-Americans died in the Civil War. Many were draftees but they didn't run to Canada. They did their duty.

Something for the Black Lives Matter folks to think about. Some American white people and lots of British, French, Spanish and Portuguese enslaved Africans, but a lot more others didn't. Just saying.

PS, 100% of my ancestors came to America after 1865. So don't blame me for the 19th century crimes of people named Bush and Hamilton (and probably Clinton). Just saying.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I as a 3rd world slave ant from Cannibal islands I will hit the road. I have a family to feed there, crocodile hunting not going well lately and hyenas skin not so profitable :(
If you have to work during this weekend, then you can give proper respect to America's honored dead in your own, sincere way.

300,000+ Union-Americans died in the Civil War. Many were draftees but they didn't run to Canada. They did their duty.

Something for the Black Lives Matter folks to think about. Some American white people and lots of British, French, Spanish and Portuguese enslaved Africans, but a lot more others didn't. Just saying.

PS, 100% of my ancestors came to America after 1865. So don't blame me for the 19th century crimes of people named Bush and Hamilton (and probably Clinton). Just saying.
BLM don't care when the point of entry was made into this country. All they see is White privilege.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I guess the plus side is people like me get the hell out of town on these weekends.

I picked up some smelt at Supreme Lobster and am going to combine those with a bunch of home caught crappie, bluegill and catfish for a great fish fry.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I guess the plus side is people like me get the hell out of town on these weekends.

I picked up some smelt at Supreme Lobster and am going to combine those with a bunch of home caught crappie, bluegill and catfish for a great fish fry.
How many hours of driving at base rate does a fella have to put in to eat as well as you do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I worked 13hrs today so i can work just a couple hours on friday and then basically take a 3.5 day weekend. I'll be back tuesday.

Downtown chicago sucked tonight, damn marathon screwed up LSD and water st entry so bad. Then i had a pick up on 1130 s michigan
poor girl had to wait 15mins for me to get from LSD/roosevelt to her. Ugh what a night. Thank God she lived off North Ave and i went
straight home

1 - 20 of 24 Posts