Would you like to meet fellow uber drivers

• Sure why not

• Hell no. Im on my own.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. Do you guys and gals ever meet up in austin. Maybe talk or divide areas. I've been in austin for a month now and have seen a lot of you out there but never interact with you. Could this be a good thing? It might be nice to meet a few of your fellow drivers. Share tips tricks and maybe have some coordination between us. Whos driving when and where. Nothing specific of course. Maybe even just a meet and greet. I had a text from uber at cyc fitness last Saturday but didn't see any uber drivers there. Thoughts?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Found a couple of bars close to Central Market on N. Lamar. Definitely should be a place with beer :) Could also do Opal Devine's on S. Congress.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Talk, sure. Hang out and swap stories, great. Share tips and tricks, yes. Divide areas, umm, no. The only reason I say no to that is since we don't know the destination, I don't automatically head back to a certain area after a drop off, and dividing into "areas" is going to cause us to deadhead more, lowering our already low bottom line.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking next weekend. There are three events this weekend I think. Cota football and acl. I dont want to cut into anybodys. money or have people not show up because there are too many pings to go offline.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Flying Saucer is just north of Central Market on N. Lamar. Never been there myself but it looks like they have a decent menu and drink selection. I realize some people are going to go Uber/Lyft afterward so drinking a beer may not be in their cards.

·
Banned
332 Posts
Flying saucer kinda sucks guys. Since this is my hood do you mind if I scout out a better place? Maybe a place with Sunday deals or just better?

·
Banned
332 Posts
For example - Crown and Anchor is a little more central (for the southies) and has sweet deals all day Sunday. And pretty good food. And plenty of seating. And a nice UT vibe for Stratos to enjoy!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts