Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Cool, I just wasnt't sure if anyone would want to go that far and if it was even possible to operate in 2 different states.
Ya it isn't that far really. KC Uber covers all of KC metro east and west, and includes Leavenworth, Lawrence, Topeka and further south I believe.

The only thing Uber drivers like better than a long trip is a long trip with Surge. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lawrence is on the verge of being to far. You will drive a long ways back to KC before getting another trip. I'm amazed that riders usually don't tip for these rides, and for all rides actually! I only drive when there is a high probabilty of surge. I have that option, since this is just money to pay for my car. Anybody who drives thinking they can make an income is fooling themselves. Uber is run by greedy bad people. I wish enough drivers would do a day without Uber. Show Uber they have to increase the rates and riders to tip for the ultra cheap ride!

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
For me it would depend on how long I have been out already. If I've been out for several hours then I might not be too excited about a Lawrence trip. But if it is early on then would be game. It also depends on time of day and day of week. Lawrence is pretty busy with Uber though I never see it surge on the map. Maybe you have to be in Lawrence to see surges.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
I would take that trip if I was in Topeka. I live in KC so someone else flipping the bill for that trip is fine by me. :)

I've never worked Topeka, but did Lawrence a little one day on my way back from Topeka. I got a couple rides in Lawrence then headed back to KC via Hwy 10. Stupid thing is I got to about highway 7 and got a ping in Bonner springs for a ride. He was going to Lawrence. lol At least it was the East side of Lawrence. I did that trip then turned app off for rest of the way back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts