Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2am Lyft ping from a trailer park. Says it all right there!
"Brandon" is going to a CLOSED (only drive thru is open) McDonalds he says to pay back a friend he owes money to, and then back home.
Uh Huh, sure!
Knocks on door and what looks like a manager, lets him in. They walk out of sight into the back of the kitchen.
Brandon emerges a few minutes later and jumps back into my car.
A drug-dealing McD's manager?
Why not! 😲

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
"Brandon" is going to a CLOSED (only drive thru is open) McDonalds he says to pay back a friend he owes money to, and then back home.
Uh Huh, sure!
Knocks on door and what looks like a manager, lets him in. They walk out of sight into the back of the kitchen.
Why not! 😲
How much you got paid minus the tip (if there was a tip that is)?
If it was $3, $4, then I dont get why would you risk your life for that miserable amount of money dealing with undesirables.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was $3, $4, then I dont get why would you risk your life for that miserable amount of money dealing with undesirables.
Risk my life? Newsflash: You can say that about every driver for every pax they pick up. DUH!!

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I’ve grown up in the worst suburbs in Sydney and the now drive in them without any worry! Who’s gonna kill you because ur an Uber driver? The shadier the better for me and in the end they throw you $50 because you don’t judge and just drive em

·
Premium Member
7,737 Posts
Uh Huh, sure!
Why not! 😲
If he minds his own business, I will do the same.

It's not up to me to try to sniff out people violating drug laws that I may not even agree with. Might as well try to avoid driving for out-call prostitution. And about as effective, for that matter.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
This was about 4 years ago, it’s a Saturday around 2 am. Pick up in a run down neighborhood in Oakland. Younger guy and older guy get in my car, we went to gas station and the younger guy withdrew money from the atm there. Then went to a house, older guy got out and after a minute he gets back in, saying they were closed, someone died that day, let’s go to this other house. That’s when I figured out what was going on. Went to second house, older guy goes inside for a minute and then comes back to the car. Went back to where I picked them both up, dropped them both off there, got a $20 tip and swore I’d never drive Oakland again

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
I'm a drug Dealer who is building a castle.

Reactions: Ted Fink

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thats my question to....was this for a streak or a big bonus ride? how much did you make on this 2am "stop and shop" run? These are like $3 or $4 ride in my market, and can chew up to like 30 mins total, so don't make financial sense to do, again unless its a streak and/or bonus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts