Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I pick up a pax and he asks me to stop to get some smokes at a gas station (said he'll tip and it will be quick), against my gut feeling I pull in, no spots in front so I wait behind some cars, I can see the guy paying and wham! Some old lady rear ends my front bumper (slight tap) backing up... No damage, just a tiny wobbly dent. App was on, ride was on... Dude comes out and sees me talking to the lady and says good luck, lights up, cancels ride and leaves looking at his phone (probably called another uber). Do I report to uber?

Lady called her insurance and will fix the bumper (why not she offered) her insurance called me and I didn't get a report from the cops, they said nothing happened. Should I even bother reporting to uber ? What if the guy claims the accident to get his money back? Made $10 for this headache.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I had someone tap my back tailgate. I was in the car business and knew that it would cost me about $500 to get fixed. $250 in body work and $250 for paint. 5 passengers not injured. I told other driver she could pay me $500 which was her deductible anyway and she did. I had to report to Uber as the passenger insisted as he had 3 children and his wife and was not 100% sure that no one was injured. The passenger asked me for my insurance card and I told him that the policy is in the waybill which he took a picture of. I will not show anyone my insurance card as we all know what happens.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sounds like your screwed! Somebody wants to make money from you! Your insurance will drop you if they find out! Good luck with uber paying they do payouts of 1000.00 and above! Not 100 % no one was hurt ??? Sounds like a lawsuit to me! Ijs!

·
Registered
355 Posts
First Red Flag: You have UberX in your profile and state that a passenger, his 3 children, and wife was in your car. Were you doing XL or running in a car with 6 seat belts? You ****ed otherwise, brah.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
First Red Flag: You have UberX in your profile and state that a passenger, his 3 children, and wife was in your car. Were you doing XL or running in a car with 6 seat belts? You &%[email protected]!*ed otherwise, brah.
Good eye...I have 2 vehicle. A car that I do not use for Uber and a van.

BTW, I was paid for the minor damage from the other driver.

Lesson here: Do not give your Insurance card to anyone if you get in an accident and have riders. Show the waybill with James River and tell all that IS the insurance. If I get in an accident going to pick up a passenger, I will cancel the trip, take down my trade U and pull out my personal insurance.

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
I had someone tap my back tailgate. I was in the car business and knew that it would cost me about $500 to get fixed. $250 in body work and $250 for paint. 5 passengers not injured. I told other driver she could pay me $500 which was her deductible anyway and she did. I had to report to Uber as the passenger insisted as he had 3 children and his wife and was not 100% sure that no one was injured. The passenger asked me for my insurance card and I told him that the policy is in the waybill which he took a picture of. I will not show anyone my insurance card as we all know what happens.
When you have pax Uber is primary underwriter, no? So you wouldn't need to show your app off underwriter?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
When you have pax Uber is primary underwriter, no? So you wouldn't need to show your app off underwriter?
Uber ( James River) is secondary but that is not the way I will handle it. I will not give my personal insurance to any passenger if I have another accident. Once our insurance company knows we are with a ride share, we will be dropped and our personal insurance company will not pay anyway. I will tell James River the same thing and just pay the $1,000 deductible. Now, James River may force me to contact my insurance and get it in writing before they cover as I think that is the rule

1 - 10 of 10 Posts