Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I had read the article. Here's one of my favorite replies to the article:
"Dear Luddites

We all wish the world doesn't change, but it does. You can try to legislate companies like Uber and Lyft out of the State, but bear in mind this state's economy is technology centric, so you will be sending a great message to the entreprenuers and investors that they are not welcome here.

Furthermore, I want you to know that I will never agin ride in a filthy Boston taxi where the card reader is always broken and I go to the financial district from the Back Bay through East Boston. You push these services out, and I'll drive to every appointment in the City, and it will be in my V8 beater, as I am not goiing to have my new fuel efficent car get ruined parking on the street.

Also, I will support any candidate that runs against you financially to thelimit of the law. Wake up, its 2015. The economy changes, live with it, look forward and not in the rear view mirror."

The replies are overwhelmingly in favorite of Uber.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
This one also gets high marks.

"Thanks, but I already have a mommy and daddy. Vote these two out of office. This state thrives because a lot of very smart people live here. We don't need these two career politicians thinking they know what is best for us."

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Uber is a good product. Everyone would love Uber if Uber played by the rules. The issue is not the Uber Service. The issue is Uber Lawlessness. If the fares don't support following the laws, then Uber needs to raise the fares. It's not rocket science. Uber wants to be able to blow up everything with no consequences. Good luck with that Uber, bcuz Uber is making others want to blow up Uber.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Uber is a good product. Everyone would love Uber if Uber played by the rules. The issue is not the Uber Service. The issue is Uber Lawlessness. If the fares don't support following the laws, then Uber needs to raise the fares. It's not rocket science. Uber wants to be able to blow up everything with no consequences. Good luck with that Uber, bcuz Uber is making others want to blow up Uber.
That's not true. This is the Boston forum and uber is playing by the rules in Boston. The only people that want to blow up Uber is their competitors and the politicians in the competitor's pockets. Uber has very strong support from Boston citizens for the way uber operates now.

So, get back in your taxi and stop spreading lies.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
That's not true. This is the Boston forum and uber is playing by the rules in Boston. The only people that want to blow up Uber is their competitors and the politicians in the competitor's pockets. Uber has very strong support from Boston citizens for the way uber operates now.

So, get back in your taxi and stop spreading lies.
Please respond to chi1cabby.

·
Registered
540 Posts
At 1.20 a mile Boston is still workable as a driver but wait until Uber lowers rates again then we will see if Boston drivers love Uber so much.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
25 Posts
They're being cited on the basis of taxi laws - you can't pick up passengers if they hail you which is not what Uber or Lyft are. They are not gypsy cabs. Uber/Lyft is an arranged ride service based on a contract between a driver(Uber) and a passenger. Prearranged rides between two parties are not breaking any rules.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're being cited on the basis of taxi laws
Taxi Laws are Vehicle for Hire Regulations.
UberX & Lyft vehicles are Vehicle for Hire. So they are being cited under those laws.
When UberX & Lyft get laws/regs passed specifically for them, they'll be classified as TNCs. Only then will UberX & Lyft be legal, and not subject to the old Vehicle for Hire Regulations.

·
Registered
428 Posts
They're being cited on the basis of taxi laws - you can't pick up passengers if they hail you which is not what Uber or Lyft are. They are not gypsy cabs. Uber/Lyft is an arranged ride service based on a contract between a driver(Uber) and a passenger. Prearranged rides between two parties are not breaking any rules.
Pre arranged rides with vehicles with commercial insurance & lv plates is legal
Most Uber X cars DO NOT have LV plates & commercial insurance thus they are currently Illegal in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
"UberRidiculous, post: 400998, member: 15309"]Uber is a good product. Everyone would love Uber if Uber played by the rules. The issue is not the Uber Service. The issue is Uber Lawlessness.

Exactly. Uber could follow the rules and still operate and provide their service. Nobody is trying to get rid of uber. They just choose not to follow laws or codes. Just because you disagree with public policy doesn't mean you just get to ignore it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
UberX & Lyft vehicles are Vehicle for Hire. So they are being cited under those laws.
When UberX & Lyft get laws/regs passed specifically for them, they'll be classified as TNCs. Only then will UberX & Lyft be legal, and not subject to the old Vehicle for Hire Regulations.
t
True
I had read the article. Here's one of my favorite replies to the article:
"Dear Luddites

We all wish the world doesn't change, but it does. You can try to legislate companies like Uber and Lyft out of the State, but bear in mind this state's economy is technology centric, so you will be sending a great message to the entreprenuers and investors that they are not welcome here.

Furthermore, I want you to know that I will never agin ride in a filthy Boston taxi where the card reader is always broken and I go to the financial district from the Back Bay through East Boston. You push these services out, and I'll drive to every appointment in the City, and it will be in my V8 beater, as I am not goiing to have my new fuel efficent car get ruined parking on the street.

Also, I will support any candidate that runs against you financially to thelimit of the law. Wake up, its 2015. The economy changes, live with it, look forward and not in the rear view mirror." The replies are overwhelmingly in favorite of Uber.
Most of the "changes" being discussed are already in place with Lyft and Uber, minus the surge pricing formula. The main concern of Mayor Walsh is Background Checks and Insurance no less than $1 Mil...Already in place at both companies. Sorry Cabbies but this is Capitalism at its best, in a free market economy the people will choose the better service (i.e. Lyft and Uber aren't going anywhere so you better adapt). There will be some minor tweaks and changes along the way but nothing major. We won't be going backwards only forwards, sorry!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are No rules in Boston for Uber to play by right now. UberX is currently illegal in Boston.

Even as Uber, Lyft gain riders, drivers face $500 city fines
From the Mass.Gov website verbatim...pls tell me where anything states the services are illegal??

Because of this, the Division will issue an operating certificate to Uber. Therefore, Uber is currently not out of compliance with state law and free to continue operating.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Massachusetts is a leader in innovation and we applaud Uber's innovative spirit and welcome their competition into the commercial passenger transportation market.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
t
True

Most of the "changes" being discussed are already in place with Lyft and Uber, minus the surge pricing formula. The main concern of Mayor Walsh is Background Checks and Insurance no less than $1 Mil...Already in place at both companies. Sorry Cabbies but this is Capitalism at its best, in a free market economy the people will choose the better service (i.e. Lyft and Uber aren't going anywhere so you better adapt). There will be some minor tweaks and changes along the way but nothing major. We won't be going backwards only forwards, sorry!
Actually, alot of people see Uber as "Capitalism at it's worst"

·
Registered
428 Posts
From the Mass.Gov website verbatim...pls tell me where anything states the services are illegal??

Because of this, the Division will issue an operating certificate to Uber. Therefore, Uber is currently not out of compliance with state law and free to continue operating.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Massachusetts is a leader in innovation and we applaud Uber's innovative spirit and welcome their competition into the commercial passenger transportation market.
As I said earlier
Pre arranged rides with vehicles with commercial insurance & lv plates is LEGAL. Uber black x suv

But Most Uber X cars DO NOT have LV plates & commercial insurance thus they are currently ILLEGAL in Massachusetts.

If the state would allow us to get LV plates with UberX insurance now that would be something. But I cannot see that happening as there is still lots of questions as to us really being covered by Ubers insurance.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Why isn't the issue of UBER THIEVERY being talked about? Uber tells passengers that tips are included in fare, but Uber drivers never get any tip money from Uber. Another issue is that Uber is a scofflaw. It runs an "on-demand" taxi dispatch app (uberx) while being a TNC which by law is only allowed to do "prearranged" transportation -- the Califonia Public Utilities Commission states that TNC's are only allowed to do "pre-arranged" pick-ups. "On-demand" is not "pre-arranged."

1 - 20 of 29 Posts