Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started driving on the vineyard this summer and it's awesome. 15-18 rides a night 7 days a week. It is funny trying to use a navigation through the mazes of dirt roads that make up a lot of the vineyard. I have to call riders a lot with questions like "is there a blue lobster bouey nailed to a tree at the fork in the road?" Even though houses and business technically have adress numbers, it's a miracle if you ever actually see a number. Most people are cool with the fact that you don't know all of the dirt roads but some people get all miffed if you need a little assistance picking up and dropping off. Some of these roads go for miles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How's the cell service on the Vineyard? I remember going to visit the Vineyard several years ago and it was deplorable. What's the average price per trip like as well?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cell service is ok. Only places I lose it or get disconnected is in Chilmark and sometimes by the sea wall in Oak Bluffs. Edgartown to OB bout $15. Vineyard Haven to OB bout $12. Stay crazy busy. Did 18 rides on Tuesday. All in all My pay average is about $12.50 a ride .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Who do you have for cell service? $12.50 average for 18 rides is pretty good. Was that working all day or just the night? I know the Uber has been really busy in other places around the cape, like Chatham. I've noticed a lot of surge on the Vineyard and Nantucket, so I was curious if anyone was making good money. Any issues picking up around the ferries since it's all mainly cab stands?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sprint. Surge lasts like 5 minutes on the vineyard I've only had a few this summer. Nantucket seems to be in a constant surge. Every weekend uber offers guaranteed $35/hr on Nantuckut and a few times $25/he on vineyard. 18 fares was 3 in the morning leaving it on around the house. Mostly airport pickups. The other 15 from like 430 to 1 am. I don't get a lot of ferry pickups surprisingly. When I do it's a pain because of all the traffic and trying to find the person. I've only been approached by one cab driver this summer and he was cool with it. Stopped by one cop in Edgartown and he was cool with uber too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts