Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know that drove over the last several days, the surging has been steady at 2x to 4x. The rate at which the requests were coming in on Saturday night as soon as you would start a trip was non-stop. It was the craziest I've ever seen it. But last night had surges up to 6x and continued with 3x and 4x thru 6am this morning when I finally called it quits....

Last night I averaged $51 an hour, but Saturday was definitely the best night of the weekend as I averaged $62 an hour. Gonna go out late tonight and work thru the morning hours. Surging should be good as well, especially after Orpheus rolls as that's a very popular parade for locals.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Reminds me of the good old days when I would make 300 on a good Saturday night. Glad to see someone is doing well even if it's just for a short period of time.
He disappeared after the second to last LSU home game. Uber hasn't been profitable for me since then. It looks like he's back to brag about these temporary earnings.

You won't catch me driving around Nola after dark. It isn't worth risking your life. Day driving, sure, but not at night.

·
Premium Member
63,102 Posts
As many of you know that drove over the last several days, the surging has been steady at 2x to 4x. The rate at which the requests were coming in on Saturday night as soon as you would start a trip was non-stop. It was the craziest I've ever seen it. But last night had surges up to 6x and continued with 3x and 4x thru 6am this morning when I finally called it quits....

Last night I averaged $51 an hour, but Saturday was definitely the best night of the weekend as I averaged $62 an hour. Gonna go out late tonight and work thru the morning hours. Surging should be good as well, especially after Orpheus rolls as that's a very popular parade for locals.
It will be one hell of a let down come Wed.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It will be one hell of a let down come Wed.
He obviously doesn't remember the days of when Lyft was new in town. I was consistently making that kind of money the first few months Lyft was in town due to the guarantees.

When Lyft got enough drivers, they stopped the guarantees and my nice little honey pot dried up.

Those were the days. Now you are lucky to make a few bucks without someone puking in your car.

·
Registered
689 Posts

Last year was better I see.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Last year was much better. Consistent surges past 8x.

In fact, I lost lots of money last year because I had a Sprint phone. I lost signal every time I tried driving into one of those areas with 8x surges. I had to drive to less busy areas and settle for 4x surge or lower just because those were the only spots my phone would have enough coverage to get pings.

I still don't understand what the point of his posts are.

I don't talk about my salary from my real job with coworkers or even family. On the rare occasions I make a few dollars doing Uber, I have no reason to go online and share it with the world.

My money is my business and no one else's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I swear all you do is complain!!! I didn't disappear... I just temporarily stopped ****ing with you negative nancys!!! That's all...

Last year was much better. Consistent surges past 8x.

In fact, I lost lots of money last year because I had a Sprint phone. I lost signal every time I tried driving into one of those areas with 8x surges. I had to drive to less busy areas and settle for 4x surge or lower just because those were the only spots my phone would have enough coverage to get pings.

I still don't understand what the point of his posts are.

I don't talk about my salary from my real job with coworkers or even family. On the rare occasions I make a few dollars doing Uber, I have no reason to go online and share it with the world.

My money is my business and no one else's.
And I don't brag about my earnings from what I do full time... but actually post my earnings on here to show others that they shouldn't listen to all the BS you like to post about.

Actually the money is there for anyone who wants it. You just have to want it and be smart about it!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You made more money in one day than I made driving yesterday and today. My only big surge was a 4x. The rest were 2x and below.

Last year we saw 8x surges and 4x was the norm. Maybe you got an 8x or just really lucky on a long haul with a surge, but that didn't happen for me this year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
You made more money in one day than I made driving yesterday and today. My only big surge was a 4x. The rest were 2x and below.

Last year we saw 8x surges and 4x was the norm. Maybe you got an 8x or just really lucky on a long haul with a surge, but that didn't happen for me this year.
Here is my list of today's trips. The biggest surge I
had all day was a 4.8 at 4:02PM for $46.17. (4 miles in 18 minutes). It also helped I had a 3.5 XL surge to the airport at 1:58PM for a total of $121.08.

I had a strategy and game plan going into the day and the route I knew would be clear. For the most of the day I went from uptown to downtown. Then drove back uptown on Tchoup ignoring any and all requests for anything not uptown. and I only took XL requests and only when It was a 2.0 surge or higher.

There were only two trips all day I took that were not surges and that was because it had slowed back down around 6AM, so I took whatever came my way. One of those trips was to the airport which resulted in a $20 Venmo tip as I made a stop at Touro and picked up her friend, and then I had to re-route around Pete Fountain's Half Fast Marching Band as they were beginning there march beginning at Commander's Palace.

That strategy worked for most of the day until I picked up uptown and ended up in mid city by the afternoon. I then took that 4.8 XL and got stuck in the quarter as a result of it. My acceptance rate as of tonight (if it's valid is 18% and my cancellation rate is 20%).

Having a strategy and game plan is what I feel led to having a rather productive day. My hourly average was $50.44, and my average trip was $32.34.

When I got that 3.5XL trip to the airport, the queue was only 10-20 when I dropped them off, but I didn't stick around and wait for a ride back downtown. I knew most likely that a airport pickup at that time would get me stuck trying to manage to get to the quarter or canal street and it could take hours at that point in the afternoon. Instead, I burned off from the airport and flew back downtown and got off on Tchoup and headed back uptown. As soon as I got off the exit, I got a 2.8XL surge for a pickup on Coliseum which resulted in a 31.32 fare plus $20 tip. If I'd waited a couple of minutes at the airport for a ride back downtown , I would probably still be trying to get to a hotel in the quarter or on canal.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I swear all you do is complain!!! I didn't disappear... I just temporarily stopped &%[email protected]!*ing with you negative nancys!!! That's all...

And I don't brag about my earnings from what I do full time... but actually post my earnings on here to show others that they shouldn't listen to all the BS you like to post about.

Actually the money is there for anyone who wants it. You just have to want it and be smart about it!
Neither of our name is Nancy. Why do you think any of us is named Nancy? Do I call you Jolly Jennifer? Bragadocious Betty? Talkalot Tammy? Wondergirl Wendy? No! I don't call you names, even though I'm pretty sure your real name is a transgender name like Kim, Kelly or Martha.

But that's besides the point, and that is Uber drivers ARE seeing their earnings decrease and they are decreasing over time. I'm sure Uber drivers are trying to get as much money as long as they can only they know time is running out to make money. A big part of that reason they are seeing their earnings decrease is because of all the Uber drivers that Uber keeps adding. Uber does not care whether drivers are earning and if you keep posting your great earnings, you're only encouraging more Uber drivers to compete against you for those rides. Do you really believe that more Uber drivers equals more uber rides? What happens when all those party animals become Uber drivers? You'll be sulking Suzy, Sad Eyes Sandy, or Penniless Penny.

Here is my list of today's trips. The biggest surge I
had all day was a 4.8 at 4:02PM for $46.17. (4 miles in 18 minutes). It also helped I had a 3.5 XL surge to the airport at 1:58PM for a total of $121.08.

I had a strategy and game plan going into the day and the route I knew would be clear. For the most of the day I went from uptown to downtown. Then drove back uptown on Tchoup ignoring any and all requests for anything not uptown. and I only took XL requests and only when It was a 2.0 surge or higher.

There were only two trips all day I took that were not surges and that was because it had slowed back down around 6AM, so I took whatever came my way. One of those trips was to the airport which resulted in a $20 Venmo tip as I made a stop at Touro and picked up her friend, and then I had to re-route around Pete Fountain's Half Fast Marching Band as they were beginning there march beginning at Commander's Palace.

That strategy worked for most of the day until I picked up uptown and ended up in mid city by the afternoon. I then took that 4.8 XL and got stuck in the quarter as a result of it. My acceptance rate as of tonight (if it's valid is 18% and my cancellation rate is 20%).

Having a strategy and game plan is what I feel led to having a rather productive day. My hourly average was $50.44, and my average trip was $32.34.

When I got that 3.5XL trip to the airport, the queue was only 10-20 when I dropped them off, but I didn't stick around and wait for a ride back downtown. I knew most likely that a airport pickup at that time would get me stuck trying to manage to get to the quarter or canal street and it could take hours at that point in the afternoon. Instead, I burned off from the airport and flew back downtown and got off on Tchoup and headed back uptown. As soon as I got off the exit, I got a 2.8XL surge for a pickup on Coliseum which resulted in a 31.32 fare plus $20 tip. If I'd waited a couple of minutes at the airport for a ride back downtown , I would probably still be trying to get to a hotel in the quarter or on canal.
Don't forget the retraining fee if you get booted for the app for having such a piss poor acceptance rate. You'll be hole-in-the-pocket Hannah.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had acceptance rates as low as 10% before and not a word....and only one other time I had a a cancellation rate as high as 21% during Voodoo and only then did I get a message from Uber explaining that I may be in danger of losing access to the platform. But as you know, those numbers change daily.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've had acceptance rates as low as 10% before and not a word....and only one other time I had a a cancellation rate as high as 21% during Voodoo and only then did I get a message from Uber explaining that I may be in danger of losing access to the platform. But as you know, those numbers change daily.
Well aren't we just an unaccepting Ursula. but do be careful with those cancellations. You need to be more of a Can-Do-It Cathy not a No-Way Norma

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll be an Unaccepting Ursula everyday, but you'll never hear me be a negative Nancy. I'll stop driving all together before you hear me complain.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Some people just don't understand math. I got stupid and decided to hit the road last night.

I drove 7.5 hours and made $90. That's barely $10 an hour after expenses.

Hardly worth it for driving around risking vomit or getting robbed.

To add to the insult, I overheard a passenger say he does his best to screw over Uber drivers since "these *****es are making a killing." Needless to say, I rated that passenger 1 star.

Another passenger last night asked me if Uber is a good gig. I just laughed and said think about it, you only pay a few dollars for a ride, Uber keeps the booking fee, and they keep another 25% of what's left. For some reason he was still convinced he could make a killing.

Mardi Gras was the last shot to make any decent money unfortunately that decent money was still only half of what was to be made last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Some people just don't understand math. I got stupid and decided to hit the road last night.

To add to the insult, I overheard a passenger say he does his best to screw over Uber drivers since "these *****es are making a killing." Needless to say, I rated that passenger 1 star.

Another passenger last night asked me if Uber is a good gig. I just laughed and said think about it, you only pay a few dollars for a ride, Uber keeps the booking fee, and they keep another 25% of what's left. For some reason he was still convinced he could make a killing.

Mardi Gras was the last shot to make any decent money unfortunately that decent money was still only half of what was to be made last year.
You need to get your head screwed on right! Don't be a Lucy Looseneck. Be a Brightside Betty! Just ask Uberdudenola. 1o dollars an hour is better than 9 dollars an hour. Uber can still cut rates and add drivers and you'll still make minimum wage. Also, just look at his postings, he has made a lot of money and proves that you can make a killing being an Uber driver.

The only problem with hating the rich is that people who are poorer than you think you're rich.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Wuz u in nola or br?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.