Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do when you're brought into Manhattan and do not like working there? Do you just stay or do you immediately leave back to your preferred driving areas?

I hate being here but I don't want to waste gas leaving.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually stay if it is before 11 a.m.
If I'm doing ok and getting rides I'll still try to leave before 3:30 p.m.

If I'm in midtown I turn off the app and go below or above the central areas and to the outer avenues.

Whole place just feels like a cop trap though and really claustrophobic.

·
Registered
593 Posts
What do you do when you're brought into Manhattan and do not like working there? Do you just stay or do you immediately leave back to your preferred driving areas?

Funny. I am the opposite. But I've lived in Manhattan for 32 years so am much more comfortable there. I think we each prefer to work the borough where we feel more at home. I HATE going to Brooklyn and if I take a pax there I rarely accept a request if I get a ping after I dropped someone off. Driving to Brooklyn from Manhattan totally sucks and the roads are horrible. The worse street ever is when you make that left onto Tillary Street after going over the Brooklyn Bridge. They haven't paved that road in at least 2 years! I would rather drop off in the Bronx or Queens than Brooklyn! Totally sucks!

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Go lower or upper don't stay in the middle ticket trap waste whole day of hard work not worth it. Plus paxhole always put pick up near bus stop pita.
Good idea. If stuck in the middle just take the 59th bridge out.

20 min trip in Manhattan for $12 and get a $115 ticket = -$103 :eek:
I'm not even gonna say anything cuz you 100% right. All my tickets are from there. Speed trap on 1st ave tunnel. Improper turn coming off queens bridge. And pulled over by tlc for expired inspection (after a year expired) right in the middle of 42nd times square and I was just only coming back from NJ. Even got caught by undercover for peeing in a park at night in uptown but they let me go no ticket lol. Let down your guard and the odds are always against you in Manhattan.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a few places I've learned to go after leaving Manhattan.

When I 1st started I'd usually go to Wburg but I realized I was just helping to crowd the area and then the riders would mostly just take me back to Manhattan.

So I figured out some diff areas that works for me.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts

Go to hotel Penn or financial district and pray for a ride to JFK. Oh wait, they took destination away. Yea, just leave.

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
I have a few places I've learned to go after leaving Manhattan.

When I 1st started I'd usually go to Wburg but I realized I was just helping to crowd the area and then the riders would mostly just take me back to Manhattan.

So I figured out some diff areas that works for me.
Yep this is why my bro in law avoids Williamsburg nowadays during rush hour because it's an automatic Manhattan. Thank god he a Brooklyn lover

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.