Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read an article and have heard through the grapevine... Uber to make dash cams mandatory by end of year so Uber can make sure they get 25-28 percent of any cash tips or kick backs received. Thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Never happen they would have to have them synced to their servers. They would also have to pay for them and install. Too much money not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Read an article and have heard through the grapevine... Uber to make dash cams mandatory by end of year so Uber can make sure they get 25-28 percent of any cash tips or kick backs received. Thoughts?
25% of pretty much non existent tips....hrmmmm......nah. Very few drivers get the strip club drop off kick backs.

·
Registered
729 Posts
You think uber cares about their human drivers? Did you ever visit uber's web site ? Word on street is the master is about come out with self driving cars by the end of this year 2016......we are helping them get their self driving cars project become reality...... you better believe it....when I say uber is going to equipped their self driving cars with cameras inside and outside of their cars like city buses here in Vegas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well lets see who has the higher IQ here. You actually think they have any way of seeing thru a dashcam that you bought with out being synced with ubers own server. Even if the the comany gets a huge discount on dashcams its still going to cost them less go low $50 each cam. I was in the ft apache office the other day and we are now up to 18,000 uber drivers in las vegas alone. Thats $900,000 just in vegas. Thats also not encluding instalation costs, or server costs, and upkeep. If you hadn't UBER doesn't like to spend money, only take it. The small amount they are losing by anyone getting kick backs or tips wont make up the money they spend. Besides they have no claim to tips or kickbacks as we are independent contractors and arw not employees of UBER. If you believe this is even possile you should also look up your labor laws dealling with tips and bonuses. all companies that have employees that collect tips have no claim on that money, only the government can tax it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You think uber cares about their human drivers? Did you ever visit uber's web site ? Word on street is the master is about come out with self driving cars by the end of this year 2016......we are helping them get their self driving cars project become reality...... you better believe it....when I say uber is going to equipped their self driving cars with cameras inside and outside of their cars like city buses here in Vegas.
Good I can stop being lazy and get a real job

·
Registered
770 Posts
LOL, come on. There are not going to be self driving cars available by the end of this year. If you want to throw out a date at least make it sound semi-realistic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Why would uber pay for all the driver less cars when they have people willing to run their own cars into the ground?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Mandatory dash cams how stupid can you be they can't make you install anything in your car cause it's your car. Thats why they can't fource you to have a particular insurance or to even have your business license. Of course if you don't have them then your on your own if you get in trouble or a crash.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
They can have 25-30% of my middle finger. Another bogus post. They are not entitled to your tips, ask Lyft and ask the Wynn pit bosses. $52 billion wouldn't even begin to cover the litigation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, I agree this won't happen. Why would they tell people not to tip us and then invest a great amount of money to get a percentage of nearly nothing. Even with strip club/massage kickbacks those are few and far between.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts