Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with mints noticed that about 50% of the Mainland Chinese riders will get in the car and say:
“Oh wow! You have sugars!” or
“Are we allowed to have these sugars?”
When I say “Of course you can” they always reply with “Oh, you are so nice...” but I think what they actually mean is “That’s so kind of you”.
Then they usually begin a conversation in Mandarin with the words “Didi” and “Uber” in it, where I assume they are discussing that you never get “sugars” in a Didi.
?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I am always paranoid that they are talking about me when they start jabbering away in mandarin so one time I taped them and ran it through google translate afterwards, they said ...

This driver smell a like my sharpei, he drive a like sh!t and his car belong in wrecking yard, he shop at goodwill and no owns hairbrush, I bet he can no even find airport he so stupid, I rate 1 a star and make him my b!tch hahahahaha

:frown:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am always paranoid that they are talking about me when they start jabbering away in mandarin so one time I taped them and ran it through google translate afterwards, they said ...

This driver smell a like my sharpei, he drive a like sh!t and his car belong in wrecking yard, he shop at goodwill and no owns hairbrush, I bet he can no even find airport he so stupid, I rate 1 a star and a make him my b!tch

:frown:
HAHAHA. They expect way too much, even on that $8.60 fare. I can always tell they are sniffing around in the air when they get in, to see if they got another stinky driver.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Has anyone else with mints noticed that about 50% of the Mainland Chinese riders will get in the car and say:
"Oh wow! You have sugars!" or
"Are we allowed to have these sugars?"
When I say "Of course you can" they always reply with "Oh, you are so nice..." but I think what they actually mean is "That's so kind of you".
Then they usually begin a conversation in Mandarin with the words "Didi" and "Uber" in it, where I assume they are discussing that you never get "sugars" in a Didi.
?
Are you sure they were not asking you to give them some cream treats. :redface::sneaky:

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
"Oh wow! You have sugars!" or
"Are we allowed to have these sugars?"
When I say "Of course you can" they always reply with "Oh, you are so nice..." but I think what they actually mean is "That's so kind of you".
Then they usually begin a conversation in Mandarin with the words "Didi" and "Uber" in it, where I assume they are discussing that you never get "sugars" in a Didi.
?
It's good you're promoting international relations. Nothing like sugar to oil the gears of high stakes diplomacy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Or perhaps some pies from Beechworth bakery like someone we know :sneaky:
WHAT has Beechworth Bakery got to do with "creamy treats" innuendo??????

I'm multilingual and I do pretend not able to speak their languages sometimes :p
They are often very suspect of Australian-accented Asians....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Translation with a finger in the air for ...Howzat........Out!!!!:
"You obey the heavenly lord peasants"
Back in my foolish days when I used to pick up those 3.97 ones around Lonsdale/Russell etc., I used to feel treated like a peasant.
But now with my minimum rating standard I seem to get nice ones who appreciate "sugars".

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Back in my foolish days when I used to pick up those 3.97 ones around Lonsdale/Russell etc., I used to feel treated like a peasant.
But now with my minimum rating standard I seem to get nice ones who appreciate "sugars".
Round up the cattle and the sheep.Squish them in ya car and rally on.No harm if they junder....I just keep driving until i stop..lol.....

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Here is a ripper. On my way home i got a rather very intelligent lady from Gratto St,Carlton. 5-star rating straight off the bat and base. Intelligent convo and didnt even puke. A 40 buck trip...and i was expecting to cite all Yvr vehicles out at the AP.No one hanging like the monkeys in a barrel. Rather actually extremely dissapointing.

Do you offer them bars? :redface:
I offer little chockies given to me by Splend. Beat that manga!lol

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Here is a ripper. On my way home i got a rather very intelligent lady from Gratto St,Carlton. 5-star rating straight off the bat and base. Intelligent convo and didnt even puke. A 40 buck trip...and i was expecting to cite all Yvr vehicles out at the AP.No one hanging like the monkeys in a barrel. Rather actually extremely dissapointing.

I offer little chockies given to me by Splend. Beat that manga!lol
Have you noticed less trips coming your way this year?

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I never could get it and never will and unable to calculate why every driver is in fear of pukers,faters,junkies...etccccc. Its the life party and let them spill themselves and all the more fun.

Have you noticed less trips coming your way this year?
Hey bro i have noticed rather more pings to me... I have noticed that the heroes of the surge have been jabbed that hard .....where are they to bragg...like the typical so and so...go and hide under the rock you crawled from...lol... But my minimum is 150 for 4 hours online. I take the lot mate.I just dont give a serve

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.