Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been driving Uber off and on since June. I really do not have much consistency to draw from. Probably have 100 rides under my belt. My question for y'all is: Is it reasonable to assume that I can fully support myself with Uber? I'd probably be capable of putting in 50 hours a week. My goal is to earn $450 per week. Please let me know what your experiences have been. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think it would be very stressful to rely on uber income to support yourself. It's better to work around any reliable job you may have especially if you are getting any health care benefits, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
KTM
I will suppose you are talking net, when you say $450. To answer your question, Yes this is possible. With that being said, I would not advise anyone to rely on Uber for their lively hood. Rates will continue to drop, fees will continue to rise and commissions will shrink. Just check what has happened in every other city throughout the country. Delivering newspapers from my car may soon become a more promising endeavor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well if you can't make $150 in 20 hours, something is terribly wrong. Here are some numbers to consider:

Pre cut based on 2565 miles driven in 129 hours = $20 per hour(before expenses) and $1 per mile. After cut 2536 miles driven in 117 hours = $12.11 gross per hour and .67 per mile. I am at 20% Uber fee.

Is anyone making more money? If you are, you have definitely driven MORE MILES. More miles equal higher cost of doing business. Using the Fed deduction for mileage( admittedly higher than real world) of .54 per mile I am now netting .13 per mile? So my net .13 per mile multiplied by 2536 miles driven is $329.68 I was paid $2.81 per hour after cut for 117 hours of driving. Pre cut that would have been $1166.56. $9.96 per hour.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I've been driving Uber off and on since June. I really do not have much consistency to draw from. Probably have 100 rides under my belt. My question for y'all is: Is it reasonable to assume that I can fully support myself with Uber? I'd probably be capable of putting in 50 hours a week. My goal is to earn $450 per week. Please let me know what your experiences have been. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
If you drive for 50 hours per week you can realistically expect to gross about $600 per week. But what you need to take into consideration will be What your actual expenses will be. And having been a UBER driver for over a year I can say that it will probably work out to be about $400 per week net. I drive only because I am retired and it gives me something to do. If I had to do it for my primary source of income I would have quit a long time ago. Although UBER calls you a "partner" they really don't give a shit about the drivers. All they care about is the riders and their bottom line. I guess the reason I continue to drive is because I don't have them as a boss per we or I would have told them to take this job and shove it a long time ago. Drivers opinions or suggesstions fall on totally deaf ears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.