Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.newschannel10.com/2018/0...-lyft-now-hes-hospitalized-with-brain-injury/

She's concerned about the quality of life her husband will have after he leaves the hospital

RNN) - Christopher Matthews has been in an Oakland, CA, hospital for nearly three weeks and he's finally starting to recognize his wife and kids.

His wife, Rebecca, said the details of how he got there are still fuzzy to him.

The couple was in San Francisco on the night of Sept. 8. They were waiting for their Lyft driver to arrive in a white sedan, according to to KPIX.

When he saw one approaching them, he thought it was his ride. Unfortunately, it was not. The car belonged to a total, unsuspecting stranger.

Investigators released a sketch of the suspect on Friday. He's described as a 6-foot tall Asian man with a buzzcut.

Matthews said something to the person sitting in the passenger's seat. That person suddenly got out and punched Matthews in the face.

His unconscious body dropped to the ground. The back of his head bounced on the pavement, leaving blood pouring from his ears, nose and his head.

Matthews suffered a traumatic brain injury and now police are looking for the person who threw the punch.

Investigators released a sketch of the suspect on Friday. He's described as a 6-foot tall Asian man with a buzz cut.

Police called the punch aggravated battery.

"It's scary I do hope we find him because I don't want him to harm anyone else but it's not going to help with recovery of my husband and what he has to go through," Rebecca Matthews told KNTV.

She's concerned about the quality of life her husband will have after he leaves the hospital.

"Will I ever be able to leave my husband alone with the kids again? I don't know," she told local KNTV. "Will I ever be able to let him drive without worrying? I don't know."

·
Registered
982 Posts
"It's scary I do hope we find him because I don't want him to harm anyone else but it's not going to help with recovery of my husband and what he has to go through," Rebecca Matthews told KNTV.

You're lucky your husband didn't get shot for just inviting himself into someone's vehicle.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
This [email protected]$$ literally had all the information, driver name, picture, vehicle type, vehicle picture, license plate and still managed to hop into the wrong car. It sucks what happened to him but it could've all been avoided with paying a tiny bit of attention.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
thats what this world has come to when people blame a victim for getting attacked

nobody deserves something like this
then perhaps don't try to jump into random people's cars. some stranger tries getting in the back of my car that I'm not expecting will find themselves looking at a glock 17. I don't know if that person is high on meth, intends to cause me harm, intends to steal the vehicle, etc.

normal people don't just try to jump into other's cars.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Darwin award. He had the license plate, make and model of the car.
So what he just asked the guy, it's not like he did anything so wrong to be punched like that.

Before reading this I thought this exact scenario could happen when you are sucker punched and fall back and hit your head on the pavement, when reading the story about the lady who was told by 911 to open the door of the person refusing to leave and ask him to get out, luckily she was only bruised and battered.

Hopefully this jerk who hit him learns that there are serious consequence to punching someone in the face that could lead to manslaughter charges.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
then perhaps don't try to jump into random people's cars. some stranger tries getting in the back of my car that I'm not expecting will find themselves looking at a glock 17. I don't know if that person is high on meth, intends to cause me harm, intends to steal the vehicle, etc.

normal people don't just try to jump into other's cars.
Normal people don't throw a knock out blow just for a simple mistake.

Unless the man was being physically aggressive, responding with such violence was unnecessary. We dont have the whole story, but what we do have is just a simple mistaken identity then aggrevated assault.

That was not an approriate reaction by a normal human being based on information we have. I have had plenty of people mistake my car for their uber car, I haven't knocked anyone out yet. I just say "not your car" as they unsuccessfully try to open my locked door.

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Terrible story.

Hella angry, broke-ass ratchet thugs all over San Francisco and the entire Bay Area looking to commit crimes.

Don't get in their way or pay the consequences.

Wishing this man the best with his recovery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts